Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.00 Firmware Release

So we have people who like 8.02 like me and then those who like the 9 beta. So how do we incorporate what was in these in to the new one? I dont want to have to adjust my spkr compression and volume all the time. I like it the way it was before so how do i get back there? I dont want to stay on 8.02 but dont want to have to readjust all my settings to maintain the same sound as I did.

So we have people who like 8.02 like me and then those who like the 9 beta. So how do we incorporate what was in these in to the new one? I dont want to have to adjust my spkr compression and volume all the time. I like it the way it was before so how do i get back there? I dont want to stay on 8.02 but dont want to have to readjust all my settings to maintain the same sound as I did.
Don't reset the block.

Man I am getting a lot more 'hair' on my distortion sounds (in a bad way). Almost like my pickups are super hot. Noise levels seem higher... Checked my input levels... am going to have to debug further, some setting must be borked... or maybe something external in my wireless, routing, etc.

Did I understand correctly? The change of phase inverter algorithm doesn't depend on reset amp? This algorithm changes when the firmware is updated?
All algorithm changes take effect as soon as the firmware is updated. Resetting the Amp only changes parameter values.

"No reset is needed. The only thing you need to do is adjust the Spkr Comp" (с) Cliff
What about "Motor Time Constant"? Before the reset it was 200ms, after reset it is 100 ms. Should I change both values (Speaker Drive and Motor Time Constant) if I don't want to reset the amp bock?

"No reset is needed. The only thing you need to do is adjust the Spkr Comp" (с) Cliff
What about "Motor Time Constant"? Before the reset it was 200ms, after reset it is 100 ms. Should I change both values (Speaker Drive and Motor Time Constant) if I don't want to reset the amp bock?

I changed the Motor Drive Constant to default in Axe-Edit (100ms) and set the Spkr Comp to the Default...things really opened up for me. Really, really sounds and plays great!

Man I am getting a lot more 'hair' on my distortion sounds (in a bad way). Almost like my pickups are super hot. Noise levels seem higher... Checked my input levels... am going to have to debug further, some setting must be borked... or maybe something external in my wireless, routing, etc.

Yeah that is funny you say that because I was playing one of the Marshalls (#34 or AFD) and sounded like I had a boost or something. Even with the gain at halfway seemed like more than previously there. Might be my imagination but seemed like more gain than before.

I reverted back to Q8.02 and I'll wait for the next update. I generally shoot for a higher gain, Marshall "kerang" tone and haven't found a way to get back there that's to more my liking/tone. The beta was different than the finished release. I liked the beta much more but didn't spend enough time to try to really dial things in. I'll revisit the beta when I can spend the appropriate time I need.

Maybe Cliff can weigh in on how to get there for either 8.02 or 9.0b from the final release. Regardless, I most certainly appreciate Cliff's unrelenting quest.

I never tried the beta but I have seen some comments about it being preferred over the release 9.

What was different about it vs the release ?

I never tried the beta but I have seen some comments about it being preferred over the release 9.

Nothing substantial. (As Cliff stated somewhere in this thread.)

Standard 'I don't like the new firmware' or 'It broke my presets'. It's sort of a tradition here. Once people figure out how to dial it in, all will be well.

there were talks of some Phase Inverter tweaks that weren't mentioned in the release notes. if these tweaks were already in the beta is unclear though...

it doesn't make any sense, but if a firmware sounds "wrong" or "different" or "strange", just reinstall it. for some reason it seems to solve a lot of problems. even though it shouldn't.

it doesn't make any sense, but if a firmware sounds "wrong" or "different" or "strange", just reinstall it. for some reason it seems to solve a lot of problems. even though it shouldn't.

The same can be said about resetting the system params in utility menu. It really worked so many times allthough it should not make a difference.

Similar to @zenaxe and @romanianreaper, I too have a bit “extra”, after loading the full version of Q9.0. Mine seems to have additional volume, as I didn’t notice a change in texture (or hair) when using one specific preset that is my go-to, I’m now getting feedback between my guitar and speakers (FRFR) that I’d never experienced before (on this preset). I’ve not adjusted any levels (internal or on the speakers) so it surprised me. I’ll dig in to see if I can find anything relatable and report back if I do.

Lee

The best thing about fw9.0 for me is volume pot behavior. Damn real. My tele sings by itself. Plus discovered many amps that sounds amazing with new fw, especially NMV types.

Back
Top Bottom