Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
no one will post their computers error logs, or at least not that I've seen. Logging is there for reasons exactly like this. Even if your computer isn't the problem, to see a clear picture of what's happening on both ends is pretty much required to not only find the issue, but to solve it.

Hi,i only get the "axe edit timeouts" when i use my Win 10 pc with Cubase 8.5.. i played 30 min..then try to change axe edit to scene 2.. boom.. axe timeouts. I use the Axe Fx II as my main sound card

no one will post their computers error logs, or at least not that I've seen. Logging is there for reasons exactly like this. Even if your computer isn't the problem, to see a clear picture of what's happening on both ends is pretty much required to not only find the issue, but to solve it.
On Windows, not much is logged. It'll log USB insertion/removal if you set it up (to usbtrace.etl). Even then, nothing is logged as it isn't an insertion/removal event. Obviously since it isn't a crash, a minidump isn't created either. Unless you're talking about some other logging, but from what I poked around, Axe-Edit doesn't seem to have any logging options, or any logs in it's working or temp directories.

Here Axe Fx II MkI user, pc with Win 10, Reaper, Axe Edit, CabLab, AxeFXSend, use almost everyday and never experienced "axe edit timeouts".

The common denominators seems to be the Axe-Fx Mk I or Mk II and using USB audio while making edits with 'Axe-Edit'. This includes 'Tone Matching' with USB as the source. Sometimes I can go for an hour without an issue, sometimes a few seconds.

Exactly only Axe-Fx Mk I or Mk II and using USB audio. Actually, one of your post gave me the input. Don't play songs through the Axe and you'll be playing w/o a glitch. You can use Axe-Edit or the front panel of the Axe to make as many changes in the preset you fancy. No problems whatsoever.

I say release the Kracken and when the bug is squashed make it 9.01

Do we have any confirmation that the Kraken is planned for this firmware? It would be very nice, but to be honest I'm just happy to see bass players getting some lovin'. Plus the timeout bug fixed of course.

Exactly only Axe-Fx Mk I or Mk II and using USB audio. Actually, one of your post gave me the input. Don't play songs through the Axe and you'll be playing w/o a glitch. You can use Axe-Edit or the front panel of the Axe to make as many changes in the preset you fancy. No problems whatsoever.

Sorry but no. I had lots of timeouts and I never use usb for audio, but only for editing presets / cabs with AxeEdit and CabLab. "Had" because it's seems to be ok for me now with the beta fw.

Sorry but no. I had lots of timeouts and I never use usb for audio, but only for editing presets / cabs with AxeEdit and CabLab. "Had" because it's seems to be ok for me now with the beta fw.

That is only an added problem...and yes, I've experienced the exact same issue (and still do), usually when editing the amp and/or cab block but for me it was in conjunction with USB for audio.

I have been having the timeouts errors for a couple of years.

I thought it was because my old OS (MacOS X 10.6.8)

It happens when I connect the AXE to the mac via usb to edit presets with axe edit. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not, and the only way to solve it is restarting the mac.

Do we have any confirmation that the Kraken is planned for this firmware? It would be very nice, but to be honest I'm just happy to see bass players getting some lovin'. Plus the timeout bug fixed of course.
I didn't know there was a Kracken bass product, I was talking about releasing the firmware and doing the bug update when they figure it out. That way us no buggers can enjoy all the new features without having to wait for the bug issue we aren't having. No biggie though, I can try and be patient. Maybe :D

1. Some users report a consistent connection bug causing timeouts, which started to rear its ugly head around the time that firmware 8 was introduced, so it appears. Which, BTW, doesn't mean that the firmware must be causing it.

2. There are also identifyable specific causes of connection errors of another nature. Nvidia graphic cards being one of them, and 2016/2017 MacBooks with USB-C ports, and use of the Chrome browser.

3. And then there are the usual suspects of connections errors, such as faulty USB cables (happens more then you'd think), incompatibilities caused by USB-hubs, etc. As described in Axe-Edit's Getting Started Guide.
I think it's important to be aware of these different kind of causes, and not attribute all issues to the One Bug.

Last edited:
  1. Users report a consistent connection bug causing timeouts, which started to rear its ugly head around the time that firmware 8 was introduced, so it appears. Which, BTW, doesn't mean that the firmware must be causing it.

2. There are also identifyable specific causes of connection errors of another nature. Nvidia graphic cards being one of them, and 2016/2017 MacBooks with USB-C ports.

3. And then there are the usual suspects of connections errors, such as faulty USB cables (happens more then you'd think), incompatibilities caused by USB-hubs, etc. As described in Axe-Edit's Getting Started Guide.
I think it's important to be aware of these different kind of causes, and not attribute all issues to the One Bug.
One Bug to rule them all... ;)

1. Users report a consistent connection bug causing timeouts, which started to rear its ugly head around the time that firmware 8 was introduced, so it appears. Which, BTW, doesn't mean that the firmware must be causing it.

2. There are also identifyable specific causes of connection errors of another nature. Nvidia graphic cards being one of them, and 2016/2017 MacBooks with USB-C ports.

That timeout bug is present on the Axe Fx II G2 but not on the XL, at least not on mine.

I have somehow dodged this timeout bug on a system I thought would for sure be susceptible to it. I have a 2008 iMac and was using Snow Leopard for most the time and upgraded to El Capitan without any issues. I have axe edit open everytime I play. Only odd behavior I've experienced is when using my MC6 midi controller lately. The changes I make via the MC6 (IA's) reflect on axe edit. blocks engaging/bypassing. note: this is with new presets I created once I got the MC6. Oddly older presets do not behave this way...changes on MC6 do not reflect on axe edit. I have Axe Fx II MK1 USB connected direct to iMac (not via hub). something is buggy with USB perhaps...maybe on the computer side of things.

For anyone interested in capturing USB logs, here's a good resource on the steps. Note that you can generate an incredible amount of data very quickly like this. Note that there are options to capture the data packets as well. Since this is an intermittent error, I would configure the trace to use a circular buffer ( -f bincirc ) and then stop the trace immediately once the error occurs. Cliff or whoever is working on the USB driver could provide some insight on what options might help troubleshoot.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...573(v=vs.85).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

So everyone having time outs. If you go back to any firmware before Q8 they no longer happen at all?

So everyone having time outs. If you go back to any firmware before Q8 they no longer happen at all?

That's right. This all started when Q8 was released in May. I'm sure there are exceptions and people got occasional timeouts before that and there may be multiple problems here, but when Q8 was released is when many people started reporting this problem in numerous threads. And if I go back to Q7, the problem disappears.

Also, for people who are late to this timeout party, please do not think we are complaining without trying to help. We have been trying to help Cliff with this problem for months in other threads. We are just briefly posting replies to this thread because he asked us to let him know if Q9 fixes the problem. That should not be taken to mean we have not been volunteering information to help get this resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom