Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a BETA FW. It is public here so competent experienced users can Test/Try the new FW and help find bugs before the official release.

If you can describe the exact steps performed so Fractal can try to reproduce the anomaly and then fix the code as a result of your help.
or
You should reinstall back to a point where you were happy instead of complaining in the BETA thread?
Here's the thing go look in the Axe edit sub forum how long we have had issues with this now... What about 4-5 month.
Cliff asked for feedback on this!!!

So I really would appreciate you chilling, since I could live with the time out but at workshops and clinics it's a showstopper. Period.
Now that said beta9 is sounding hip enough that I'm willing to live with it but during 8 I virtually didn't turn the Axe on any longer.
And while I'm at it, the time out with MFC has gotten so over the top that if it was a company like line6 it would have been public lynching time.
I've done fractal for a decade and like what cliff does, some time his vision and my needs don't gel but the time out thing... Let's put it like this if it won't be fixed next workshop it'll be Amplifier time.

Last edited:
And just so we're clear..I haven't been this excited about this box since about fw11....
It feels stunningwashes whiter? ;-)

Reactions: yek
If this is the first time a user complaining of problems over multiple firmware's has been recommended to sell then OK. If its OK with you yek then who am I to say different.:)
The problem is discussed in the thread add nausea no?
Does another complaint in a BETA thread really help? ...is it useful to beat the code guy trying to fix it over the head ??

Perhaps a poll/bitch thread would be more useful instead of complaining here is all I was nicely stating.
I found those complaint posts to be quite rude and not helpful.

Kindest regards.

Cliff wrote that he has hopes that this firmware will solve the infamous editor time-out bug. So it’s valuable information when users report if this beta does indeed or does not accomplish that.

If this is the first time a user complaining of problems over multiple firmware's has been recommended to sell then OK. If its OK with you yek then who am I to say different.:)
The problem is discussed in the thread add nausea no?
Does another complaint in a BETA thread really help? ...is it useful to beat the code guy trying to fix it over the head ??

Perhaps a poll/bitch thread would be more useful instead of complaining here is all I was nicely stating.
I found those complaint posts to be quite rude and not helpful.

Kindest regards.
And this is how the entire crazy ass runaway freight train forum pile ons happen... Don't like it sell it.
When did this nonsense happen. Just because some guys that still haven't learned how to turn a knob unless Cliff or Matt hold their hand and do know how to type... the rest of us using this gear for decade have to argue about this?!
The internet is getting funnier every day...

Question on the Q9 vs Q8 modeling.. If you were to set speaker compression to 0 on Q9, would you get the exact same model as a Q8 amp with motor drive set to 0?

Then you were never happy...you should sell it and move on.
It was not my post and not the person you attacked.
I merly stated that would not be a solution.
For the record: i'm very happy with the axe fx.
Im also sure that fractal will solve the problem.
In Cliffs words: soon ;)

We're still trying to reproduce the comm timeout problem here. We've tried multiple computers, different versions of the Axe-Fx, etc. and still no luck. We have a customer shipping us his laptop so we can try to reproduce it with that.

Maybe it sounds sick and wrong...but I've been trying to recreate this on several computers for a couple of days. No luck. Mac and Win.

I have one more laptop I can try.

I think Ed is saying "new and improved". For reproducing the comm timeout, a 6' or longer standard USB cable pretty much guarantees time outs for me. The cable Joe recommended completely solved the problem.

Personally, I feel quality cables do make a difference.

My sentiments exactly.

I have never really figured out if Ed isn't an English speaking person or his thumbs don't fit on the phone he is typing on.....

BTW...no hate Ed..I am seriously amazed at your musical ability !!
It’s not that Ed’s thumbs don’t fit, it’s that he has six fingers, not so good for typing apparently but great for playing :cool:

I can confirm what others have reported, the communication time out problem still occurs with this beta. There is no problem with FW7.

Last edited:
Why don‘t you guys with timeouts (sorry, axe timeouts) list

Start of timeouts with FW xx (8 or 9b)
PC/ MAC
OSX/Windows Version
USB cable type
USB cable length
hub/dock used
reproducible (how?) occasional timeout

with a survey to help the man track down the sucker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom