Gift to my Brother

Ninjava

My Brother's Bday is coming up, and I would like to surprise him with a Jazz guitar. This would be his first and he has been looking forward to buying one for real long. He plays the guitar and really loves jazz music.

I know that a guitar is something very special, but I don't want to spoil the surprise by asking him a lot of questions about what guitar he would like.

Just got one of these for my 64th birthday. It cost around $4k. It is one of the best guitars I've ever owned and can flip between jazz, blues, and rock-n-roll with ease!

ES6316SCNH1_MAIN_HERO_01.jpg

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/Memphis/1963-ES-335TD.aspx#ES6316SCNH1

This post seems a little odd to be in the "Bass and other instruments" forum... Probably get more love in the Lounge.

Maybe a moderator will move it?

My Brother's Bday is coming up, and I would like to surprise him with a Jazz guitar. This would be his first and he has been looking forward to buying one for real long. He plays the guitar and really loves jazz music.

I know that a guitar is something very special, but I don't want to spoil the surprise by asking him a lot of questions about what guitar he would like.

That's a really broad question. What's your budget? What's his skill level? Or are you just looking for generic suggestions? I'd strike up a conversation and see what kind of hints you can get from him. Or possibly surprise him with a card that says you'll take him guitar shopping.

I, personally would be surprised as sh*t, if my brother bought me a killer axe... go for it bro...you will blow him away and he will never forget it!

Back
Top Bottom