Steve Lukather Soldano X88R preset

Thanks for this! looking forward to it! heard your clips with the Lead iii ....I had a Lead ii a long time ago and i miss that guitar...Cheers!!!

Hi @guitarnerdswe I was just wanting to ask a question about the reverb placement here in this preset.

From what I can tell using fractool (I only own an FX-8) it looks as if the reverb is running is parallel to both delays but at no point does the reverb feed into the delays? Is this right or is this fractool messing up the preset?

From everything I've read and saw Bradshaw routed stuff exactly as you have here but the reverb was mixed down in the first mixer after the chorus and in parallel to the detuner, then mix 1's output in stereo was fed to the delays and the second mixer in parallel. So the delays were actually delaying the reverb tail also, is this correct?

P.S. the tone in the clip is amazing.

Last edited:
Hi @guitarnerdswe I was just wanting to ask a question about the reverb placement here in this preset.

From what I can tell using fractool (I only own an FX-8) it looks as if the reverb is running is parallel to both delays but at no point does the reverb feed into the delays? Is this right or is this fractool messing up the preset?

From everything I've read and saw Bradshaw routed stuff exactly as you have here but the reverb was mixed down in the first mixer after the chorus and in parallel to the detuner, then mix 1's output in stereo was fed to the delays and the second mixer in parallel. So the delays were actually delaying the reverb tail also, is this correct?

P.S. the tone in the clip is amazing.
Actually, in the X88R rig the delays and reverb where in parallel, which might seem odd but it's true. I have some pictures of that rig where you can see that everything in "mix 2" is actually in a separate mixer after the main Rocktron RSB18 unit and clearly labelled PCM 70 #1, PCM 70 #2, SRV 2000, DIRECT and OUTPUT.

Anyway, that's how the live rig was wired. In the studio, the probably used the reverb there. In that case, the reverb would be at the end of the signal flow, after the delays.

Last edited:
Actually, in the X88R rig the delays and reverb where in parallel, which might seem odd but it's true. I have some pictures of that rig where you can see that everything in "mix 2" is actually in a separate mixer after the main Rocktron RSB18 unit and clearly labelled PCM 70 #1, PCM 70 #2, SRV 2000, DIRECT and OUTPUT.

Anyway, that's how the live rig was wired. In the studio, the probably used the reverb there. In that case, the reverb would be at the end of the signal flow, after the delays.

Thanks for that info, I was wondering if that rig had been wired up a touch different than the "Bradshaw norm".

Do you have pictures of his rig from 1988-1990? I found on or two but I cant see the setttings on the x88r in them. If you have the pic or know the settings he used on the x88r could you please reply it here? I have an X88R clone I built and would like to try out his settings

Back
Top Bottom