Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Axe-Fx II Quantum Firmware Release Notes

Removed the “Motor Drive” and “Transformer Grind” algorithms and associated parameters from the Amp block. These have been replaced by the new “Speaker Compression” algorithm. This algorithm models the interaction of the power amp with the power compression of the virtual speaker. The “Spkr Comp” parameter controls the amount of virtual speaker compression. This value defaults to 3.0 when the Amp block is reset. It does not get reset when changing the model. If using the Axe-Fx II with a tube power amp and conventional guitar cab you may want to reduce this value to 0.0. The gain reduction meter shows the amount of virtual power compression (select the Spkr Comp knob to monitor the gain reduction). Typical guitar speakers compress between 3 and 6 dB depending upon construction, age, volume, etc. The default value is conservative and yields about 3 dB of compression.

Note that the Master Volume control will interact considerably with the Speaker Compression algorithm as will the Presence and Depth controls. Higher values of Master Volume will cause more virtual speaker compression.

Improved Delay block. Also reworked the Deluxe Mind Guy, Mono BBD and Stereo BBD delay models based on the improvements.

Great news! And while I wait for it to be ported into the ax8... What kind of improvements did the delay block get?

I can't check this out yet (Mk I here), What happens to existing presets that used those parameters?

I know Axe Edit isn’t usually released until the final FW is done, but in this case it was mentioned due to the timeout issues, does that mean Axe Edit will be released with the Beta? Or was the issue related with the FW & not Axe Edit?

Improved Delay block. Also reworked the Deluxe Mind Guy, Mono BBD and Stereo BBD delay models based on the improvements.
First off, thank you! Second, are these general improvements to the Delay block or specific to the models you mentioned? And do these improvements affect the Multi-Delay or Megatap Delay blocks as well?

Thanks, Cliff! Looking forward to the Mark I/II release!
Same here. I have a mark I and Mark II and an ax8 so I'm outta luck! I need to invest in an XL+ but I've been spending all my money on guitars and studio equipment!

Axe-Fx II Quantum Firmware Release Notes

Removed the “Motor Drive” and “Transformer Grind” algorithms and associated parameters from the Amp block. These have been replaced by the new “Speaker Compression” algorithm. This algorithm models the interaction of the power amp with the power compression of the virtual speaker. The “Spkr Comp” parameter controls the amount of virtual speaker compression. This value defaults to 3.0 when the Amp block is reset. It does not get reset when changing the model. If using the Axe-Fx II with a tube power amp and conventional guitar cab you may want to reduce this value to 0.0. The gain reduction meter shows the amount of virtual power compression (select the Spkr Comp knob to monitor the gain reduction). Typical guitar speakers compress between 3 and 6 dB depending upon construction, age, volume, etc. The default value is conservative and yields about 3 dB of compression.

Note that the Master Volume control will interact considerably with the Speaker Compression algorithm as will the Presence and Depth controls. Higher values of Master Volume will cause more virtual speaker compression.

What if we're using a solid state power amp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom