MFC-101 Mark 3 not changing scenes

Pat M

Ok. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I can't seem to figure it out. I just purchased the MFC 101 Mark 3 and connected to the Axe 2 XL+ via FASLINK. Ports are set up on the Axe and MFC to the FASLINK. Firmware on both was updated today.
I assigned IA switches for scenes 1-5 and saved everything.
Here's the problem. I switch to reveal mode to access the various scenes. The scene number pops up on the MFC display but does not actually change anything. The display on the Axe also does not register the associated scene change. In other words, if I'm using preset 300, the display remains at 300 scene 1 regardless what the MFC is doing. I can, however, still change scenes via the "A" dial on the Axe and through Axe edit.
Can someone offer a suggestion??? Thank you.

I checked everything out, and it looks like the Firmware update didn't change any of the settings. Scenes are still not responding.

check the I/O CTRL menu on the Axe-Fx to make sure Scene changes are #034.

is everything else working between the MFC and Axe?

Ok. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I can't seem to figure it out. I just purchased the MFC 101 Mark 3 and connected to the Axe 2 XL+ via FASLINK. Ports are set up on the Axe and MFC to the FASLINK. Firmware on both was updated today.
I assigned IA switches for scenes 1-5 and saved everything.
Here's the problem. I switch to reveal mode to access the various scenes. The scene number pops up on the MFC display but does not actually change anything. The display on the Axe also does not register the associated scene change. In other words, if I'm using preset 300, the display remains at 300 scene 1 regardless what the MFC is doing. I can, however, still change scenes via the "A" dial on the Axe and through Axe edit.
Can someone offer a suggestion??? Thank you.
Is it only scenes that don't work? Preset changes and IA switches do?

When you step on a button to change scenes, watch the lights on Axe Fx front panel. Does the midi light blink?

Are both devices on the same midi channel? My friend had a weird issue when he got his Axe Fx and MFC... Preset changes would work but nothing else - it was the midi channel.

Chris- that was it. Scenes were not set to 34. Problem resolved! Thanks to you and Unix for the input. This forum rules!!

My setup is just like Pat M's and I have this exact same issue. However Scene changes on my Axe Fx are already set to 34.
When I press a button on the MFC I see the MIDI light on my Axe Fx blink but the scene doesn't change.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

My setup is just like Pat M's and I have this exact same issue. However Scene changes on my Axe Fx are already set to 34.
When I press a button on the MFC I see the MIDI light on my Axe Fx blink but the scene doesn't change.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
What Axe-Fx version? Is the button set as a Scene change? Does anything else work? There are several possibilities so you need to tell us more detail.

Axe FX II XL + MFC-101 Mark III both with latest firmware. They are connected via FASLINK.
The MFC changes presets and banks as it should just not scenes. It does say the correct scene number on the MFC just no change on the Axe FX. Oddly enough if I change scenes on the Axe Fx the MFC changes ...

Axe FX II XL + MFC-101 Mark III both with latest firmware. They are connected via FASLINK.
The MFC changes presets and banks as it should just not scenes. It does say the correct scene number on the MFC just no change on the Axe FX. Oddly enough if I change scenes on the Axe Fx the MFC changes ...
Make sure both are on the same midi channel.

My friend had this issue and it made me crazy. Preset changes will work but other changes won't.

Back
Top Bottom