Here are some of the tones ive been messing with for a while.

We seem to have a very similar taste and those tones sound great!

Any chance you could share the presets? I'm curious as to which methods you've used to create most of those sounds!

Sounds epic! What are you doing with the pitch block in those presets?

I'm using the basic template in all of them. I'm using the EVH Pitch Detune idea I got from Mark Day. Pitch at 9 and -9 panned center @ 15 to 25% mix. The Modern EVH preset is set a little over 30 mix.

Any chance you could share the presets? I'm curious as to which methods you've used to create most of those sounds!
I can't share them considering I'm using 3rd party impulses. Using Ownhammer Heavy Hitters and some ML Bulb.

I use pretty simple presets using scenes to add FX. What makes them sound huge is how I use the Detune and Expander blocks. The Expander gives you a nice stereo spread. I tweak the Dynamic Presence and Depth quite a bit too

I'm using the basic template in all of them. I'm using the EVH Pitch Detune idea I got from Mark Day. Pitch at 9 and -9 panned center @ 15 to 25% mix. The Modern EVH preset is set a little over 30 mix.

Ah - that's the trick I was particularly interested in! The presets sounded "chorusy" with out having a chorus block and aren't swirly - couldn't quite figure out how that was done!

I'll give that a try - thanks for sharing the tip!

Its a cool feature when jamming with my monitors. It took me a while to figure out where I like it. I run a stereo rig at church but haven't used the axe FX there for a while.

I can generally tell when others are using it because while the tone sounds a bit wider, it also sounds less upfront / more distant and slightly phasey. In short, it sounds a bit unnatural. Granted, I've played around with it just to get some idea of what a certain tone will sound like when double tracked, but there's a quality to it that I'm just not partial to.

I can generally tell when others are using it because while the tone sounds a bit wider, it also sounds less upfront / more distant and slightly phasey. In short, it sounds a bit unnatural. Granted, I've played around with it just to get some idea of what a certain tone will sound like when double tracked, but there's a quality to it that I'm just not partial to.
I hear ya. A little goes a long way. I use it because I do a lot of amateur home recording and it saves a little time when something needs double tracked.

Here's the basic template i use for my presets. There is nothing in the cab block. I used the GuitarHack(ThisOneV30) for this preset. It was a free cab ir.

YMMV since i use Presonus Eris 5 studio monitors and have no idea how these presets translate into the gig world.
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=5771

Attachments

• GuitarHackThisOneV30.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 5
  • ToneRanger Template.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom