Post Your Rig!

OWhen I select a preset or Song on my RJM (MIDI foot controller), BandHelper automatic. switches to that song.

Also vice versa: when I select a song on my iPad, the Axe-Fx (and RJM) will switch too.
It that back-and-forth functionality contained within the Mastermind and BandHelper, or is external coordination necessary?

Either device serves as the controller. To make it work, a MIDI Merger (from MIDI Solutions) and an UM-One (Roland's MIDI-to-USB interface) are used, both on a shelf in the rack.

Either device serves as the controller. To make it work, a MIDI Merger (from MIDI Solutions) and an UM-One (Roland's MIDI-to-USB interface) are used, both on a shelf in the rack.
Hmmm...I have a UM-3 that's been getting dusty...

I've been meaning to post this for a while so here goes.

RACK
- Axe FX II XL+
- FX Unit RAC-12 with metal barrel knobs
- Furman PL-8
- Best-Tronics custom patch panel on the rear
- SKB 4 Space Rolling Rack
- On-Stage Amp Stand

PEDAL BOARD
- MFC-101 MK III
- Mission Engineering SP-1
- Home-made pedal board (which I'm very proud of :) )

SPEAKERS
- Xitone 1x10 Coax Wedges with Matrix Element Power Modules (26 lbs each!)

MISC
- On-Stage Music Stand modified to tilt forward.
- Microsoft Surface 3

my_rig_001.jpg

my_rig_002.jpg

my_rig_003.jpg

my_rig_004.jpg

Last edited:
I was comparing some sounds from my pedals yesterday. Guitars are an Ibanez RG762 (LiquiFire/Crunch Lab), Majesty Monarchy, and my '96 ESP M-II Deluxe (SA/81).Guitar rig.jpg

Last edited:
RACK
- Axe FX II XL+
- FX Unit RAC-12 with metal barrel knobs
- Furman PL-8
- Best-Tronics custom patch panel on the rear
- SKB 4 Space Rolling Rack
- On-Stage Amp Stand

Do you have a pic of the patch channel? I have a setup similar to this and I was wondering about using a panel.

Yek...truly impressive!
Any wireless or power conditioning in the back?
What brand/model is that single rack on the bottom for for usb and audio?
Do you know what type of mount was used on the board to put the pole on for the ipad?
What depth is that rack?
Would love to see a pic of the back...

Thanks Yek....

Yek...truly impressive!
Any wireless or power conditioning in the back?
What brand/model is that single rack on the bottom for for usb and audio?
Do you know what type of mount was used on the board to put the pole on for the ipad?
What depth is that rack?
Would love to see a pic of the back...

Thanks Yek....

No power conditioner. We've got good power here in The Netherlands, never been necessary.

The breakout panel is by Vafam Sound.

Pole: no idea... Perhaps contact Moonspinner (http://www.moonspinnercustomgear.com/contact).

Depth is 50 cm.

I'll take a picture soon.

Last edited:
So, this isn't the whole rig, but we just got our main rack module upgraded, and I simply can't wait to share. ;)

This is the new center of our rig, which functions as a:

1) Wireless for two guitars (our bass player has a GLXD16 system, so the receiver is on his pedalboard)
2) Transmitters for IEMs for four band members (our drummer uses a separate system as he plays in multiple bands)
3) Furman power conditioner inside the unit that feeds two Axe FXs and a computer. Has extra power for more.
4) MIDI interface for controlling outboard gear and recording drums with triggers
5) Recording interface capable of recording the whole 5-piece band multitracks
6) Playback interface for backing tracks, if any
7) Mixer with 16 inputs (10 of which have mic preamps) and 10 outputs (actually, there are three more outputs and one more input available inside, there's just no space to put them on patch panels). The output count is what's available in addition to sends used inside for wireless.
8) An effects loop for outboard gear (I use it to process vocals with Axe FX).

The unit serves as a monitor mixer mainly, but can also work as a main mixer, the MOTU card has a very flexible matrix routing setup, so all mixes can be independent, it can have up to 14 Aux sends and 8 groups (half that if stereo).

In addition to analog I/O, it also has AVB networking, so with an additional interface on the FOH side it can send everything in both directions via a single Ethernet cable. Some digital mixers, like Avid S3L and Presonus support AVB natively, so it can be plugged there directly, I think. AVB supports hundreds of channels with virtually zero latency. And it allows expansion, so it's easy to add inputs and outputs with a digital snake or additional cards if needed.

And all of that in a space of a single X32!

Everything can be controlled via Wi-Fi, of course, using any device that has a browser, no iPad-only stupidity. Windows, Mac, Android, Windows Phone, everything works. And everyone has access to their monitor mixes, of course.

In addition to this, we have two Axe FXs for two guitars and bass. But you've seen pictures of Axe FXs already. :)

View attachment 35280 View attachment 35281

vangrieg

Where did you get the half rack breakout panel?
Thanks!

Pretty basic rig to be honest but sounds awesome.

Ibanez js24p
Line 6 wireless
Fx8 mk 2
Marshall jvm410hjs
Marshall 4x12
Moog exp pedal (another one coming soon)
Other guitars I have are:
Gibson les Paul gothic (2002 version) with slash Seymour Duncan pups
Ibanez s570dxqm
Just bought a pedal board from spider cases and fitted the handles on the board after buying them for £20 for a diy store.

I'm a bit OCD with the labelling
IMG_6134.JPG IMG_6135.JPG

I don't think I've ever posted my rig on here even though I've stalked everyone's for a long time.
So this was for a show where we didn't use our in ears.
Gibson Les Paul Standard (2008 I believe), Fender Tom Delonge Strat

Shure GLX-D14 Wireless -> Axe FX II -> Crown power amp (rack behind cab) -> Mesa Oversized Rectifier 4x12-> MFC-101/Mission SP1 and homemade tap tempo.

OilRcdE.jpg

CfiipBH.jpg

Back
Top Bottom