Wish Reverb blk retain bypass type when disabled

brokenvail

Fractal Fanatic
I live on the edge of CPU overload. So close that sometimes turning on the tuner disables my reverb. I switch scenes and come back to the previous one and all is well. Here is my problem. I run my reverb in parallel and I have one scene that legitimately makes CPU go over and reverb must be disabled. I don't care if it is disabled because I don't need it in that scene BUT when it gets disabled I get a volume boost. It is because the AX behaves as if the reverb is not there at all so that parallel line causes the volume boost.

So my wish is when the reverb blk must be disabled is it possible for it to honor it's bypass type? I either do mute in or mute fx in (can't remember) but in either case when reverb is bypassed it does not boost my signal

You could work around this with series routing, 50% mix, level +3 dB, mute fx in byp. mode. Use input gain to adjust reverb level.

You could work around this with series routing, 50% mix, level +3 dB, mute fx in byp. mode. Use input gain to adjust reverb level.
I would rather not do that if it can be avoided. I like having my delays and verb in parallel

It won't change how the preset sounds. If the delay is parallel to the reverb you can keep them parallel. The dry signal just needs to pass through the reverb block at the level it would if the block gets disabled (which is what the above settings accomplish).

Back
Top Bottom