Original Indie Rock (similar to Arctic Monkeys) - AxeFX II and FAS reverb

My indie band ROOM FOR ZERO just put out the single from our upcoming EP (due Sept. 1st) along with a b-side that's not on the EP. If you're in the Cincinnati area, I'd love to see you at the 20th Century Theater at 7pm on Sept. 1st for the release party.

All the guitars and bass on this record were done with the AxeFX II XL via USB, and all the reverb is from the FAS reverb plugin. This EP is 100% self-produced and we're pretty proud of how it turned out.

Death Of Cold (single):

Headbanger (b-side):

Edit:

Full 6-track EP:
Also available on all major streaming platforms

Last edited:
Nice!

It's great to hear something other than metal/djent/80's from the Axe-FX, especially some good indie rock, Have a nice release party!

Thanks, all! We've put a lot of work into gearing up for this release. We're going 100% direct with the AxeFx II and now an AX8 for the first time. We are also programming midi to switch all of our presets and effects for us live in time with the click. It's a lot of work, but hopefully will be a huge payoff. Our IEM mix in rehearsal is already much improved by convincing my other guitar player to ditch his amp for an AX8

Here's the video we shot for "Death of Cold" in case you're interested:

I'm not much of an "indie music" guy but I can dig it. When people say indie music sometimes it sounds like hard rock from the 90's which this could fit in to. Not a bad thing. It's like when folks called hard rock bands grunge in the 90's. Either way, sounds good and it has a good vibe to it. Production sounds appropriate.

I'm not much of an "indie music" guy but I can dig it. When people say indie music sometimes it sounds like hard rock from the 90's which this could fit in to. Not a bad thing. It's like when folks called hard rock bands grunge in the 90's. Either way, sounds good and it has a good vibe to it. Production sounds appropriate.

Thanks!!

And yeah, "Indie" has become an extremely vague descriptor lately, basically encompassing any band operating without major financial backing, but I'm glad you like it!

Back
Top Bottom