AX8: Using midi to toggle pedals on/off

kasper_kp

Hello people

I just received my AX8 this week, and am very happy with it already.
I am trying to set it up so that I can control it with a midi-floor board and have a question in that regard. Some buttons on the midi-board I use for preset changes, and others I plan to use for switching pedals on/off within the preset. My problem is that in the CC-list of the manual I only seem to be able to find "bypass-values" which results in the corresponding midi-button to only be able to bypass the pedal, and not reactivate it. Do any of you have an idea as to how I can work around this?

Thanks a lot in advance :)

The CC value (not CC number) determines block state. Typically a switch would send 0 for off, 127 for on.

What MIDI controller are you using? What have you done so far to configure any CC commands?

The CC value (not CC number) determines block state. Typically a switch would send 0 for off, 127 for on.

What MIDI controller are you using? What have you done so far to configure any CC commands?
Thank you for your reply! I am trying to set up a Behringer FCB-1010 to see how it would work. My idea is to have buttons 1-5 change presets and 6-10 change blocks on/off. So far I have had no problem assigning the buttons to either do program changes or change CC values. I think my main question was (since I could only see CC-values in the manual for block-bypass), if it was possible to have the button serve as an on/off switch for the blocks as on a regular stomp box.

Is the FCB1010 unmodified? I'm not sure if if the stock EPROM can do that sort of toggling. The UnO or Eureka EPROM would allow it.

The unit is unmodified. I messed around with it, and think I just came up with a possible solution. Every button can apparently send two CC values. To toggle the Drive 1-block(Drive 1-bypass = CC 49) with, for example, button 6 I let the first CC-value for button 6 be 49.00 and the second 49.127, and it worked.
Again, thank you for your quick reply, and hopefully others can use this if they want to set-up midi. :)

Back
Top Bottom