AustinBuddy Naked Amps Tone Pack (still) Rules! ... New Website up...FM3...coming soon(ish)

I'm just really pleased with what I'm hearing and it's very inspiring

THAT is what it is all about for me amigo, that's my mission: to make a swiss-army knife tone tool that can bring about that Prometheus inspired feeling when playing a gorgeous amp tone through a favorite guitar.

For every amp one of the 259 amp channels I dialed in (times two, plus the 101 cleans times two), I did my best to be inspired by the tone I was hearing/making. When it felt/sounded inspiring to me in playing, then I saved it, and went to the next one. It took six months, but it was worth to slowly take my time. I could not have done it this well without Yek's Amp Model Guide either, it was essential!

It gives me great joy and sense of accomplishment to hear you and others posting here in the forum, plus the PMs I've gotten... Clearly, the players who buy this are immediately feeling inspired when they play these "naked amp" plus the bonus classic rock/blues presets -- that was the real point!

Thank you for sharing that feeling of inspiration, and pass it on!

Last edited:
Hi all

I just read all these pages and very tempted to try these presets ("inspiring" is the right word !). I must say at first congrats for the job AustinBuddy: great expertice and knowhow on the Axe itself and more generally speaking on the real amps. A lot of work to achieve such presets pack, all due respect for that !

In the reading of these pages my only concern is about the FW updates as usual, talking about presets and amp fine tuning.
My personal approach, very simple for a home studio player, is to keep things as simple as possible: only use drive, amp level, BMT presence depth. So when an FW update arrive, I just made a Ctl+I to be sure to integrate amp modeling improvements, and check the sound with these basic adjustements needed with the new FW, according to my tastes (as one said, with a trend to make all amps sound the same !...).

As the question of future FW updates has been already mentionned, and you answered to, few pages ago, my point is: considering you will have to maintain (as we all do, plus or minus, depending on FW update impacts) your great work on these presets, what pricing policy will you apply to support these evolutions ?
... and again congrats, according to the raving comments and clips you made: just made me want to buy that pack...!

Grabbed the pack last week, digging the simplicity and tones in here. There are some cheeky little tricks as well, really love the use of the tilt eq before the amp to balance lows and highs.

I've always loved digging into other people's patches as invariably they will always use different settings, cabs, tweaks and this pack is no different. Many of the amp/cab combos I would never have tried but here they are, sounding great :)

Worth every penny!

Grabbed the pack last week, digging the simplicity and tones in here. There are some cheeky little tricks as well, really love the use of the tilt eq before the amp to balance lows and highs.

Thanks for the kudos! Just FYI, those tilt EQs are not "made up" by me -- that's from Cliff and Yek's amp guide.

Some modern amps have a function to change the EQ; all I did was replicate what Cliff or Yek said in his manual. Example: Freidman's and Diezels have this amp tonal variation option -- this just incorporates it.

Cliff always emphasized the power of EQ coming INTO the amp block to sculpt/affect tone -- hey, that's why we use drive pedals, right?
;)

Really, I only tweaked main amp page to make the 700+ Naked Amps TonePack, except for certain amps like Mesa Boogies that require a GEQ smile curve. I left all the other advanced parameters alone 99.5% of the time.

HI.I'm going to buy the 700+ Naked Amps Tone Pack.(Ax8)
I have some questions.
My guitar is Gibson es 339 and Gibson Firebird(mini humbuckers).
I have already bought other people's present,in their video,the presents sounds amazing, but for me,it's not!(too much low or high frequency,and not like real amp)
Who can give me some advice,do you thinnk the "700+" suit my guitar? Or how can i tweak the presents........

I have some questions.
I have already bought other people's present,in their video,the presents sounds amazing, but for me,it's not!(too much low or high frequency,and not like real amp)
Who can give me some advice,do you thinnk the "700+" suit my guitar? Or how can i tweak the presents........

I'm a strat guy but I do have some very different sounding strats made out of different types of wood, pickups etc.

All the presets have been working great for me, some have needed some tailoring but that's inevitable, buy them cause I'd be surprised if you'd not like them

I have some questions.

Welcome Yasmutu!

I'm very confident the 700+ Naked Amps TonePack presets will work fine with your two guitars. The Vintage, Boutique and the Modern amp banks presets were dialed in on an SG with medium humbuckers and split coil options, and the Cleans-Only banks were dialed in on a Telecaster.

If the Cleans-only bank is a little bit crunchy on your guitars, the best solution is to just dial back the input trim from 1.0 down to 0.50 and you'll be good to go. Enjoy!

Playing this collection of presets with Yek;s guide (printed as a book) by your side, is like visiting an interactive Museum of Guitar Amplifier History.

I’ve bought the pack this morning and I’ve spent all the day playing with just the first 20 or 30 presets from the first bank (Vintage&Boutique) and it’s amazing. I’ve never heard such a wide palette of tones coming from my Strat.

Congratulations, Austin Buddy, you’ve made a great job. I’ve always wanted to have something like this, since I had the first version of the Axe-FX Standard. And thank you, Yek, for your amazing guide.

Welcome Yasmutu!

I'm very confident the 700+ Naked Amps TonePack presets will work fine with your two guitars. The Vintage, Boutique and the Modern amp banks presets were dialed in on an SG with medium humbuckers and split coil options, and the Cleans-Only banks were dialed in on a Telecaster.

If the Cleans-only bank is a little bit crunchy on your guitars, the best solution is to just dial back the input trim from 1.0 down to 0.50 and you'll be good to go. Enjoy!

I have already bought it. I'll try it tomoorrow.

Austinbuddy, I have been rockin your presets, the variety of tones found on different the amps was interesting, educational, and a good idea. I recommend the presets to anyone who wants to sample the axe's tonal variety without too many effects clouding the tone. Great job!

Congratulations, Austin Buddy, you’ve made a great job. I’ve always wanted to have something like this, since I had the first version of the Axe-FX Standard. And thank you, Yek, for your amazing guide.

100% applause for Yek! -- Yek's Amp guide and also his Drive block guide were essential tools in my creating the Tonepack; there were amps I had not heard in real-life before and his guide helped a lot in those cases.

If Fractal ever hands out medals for service, many are deserving, but none come before Yek for his long-standing and on-going contributions to the Fractal community!

All hail Yek!

Quick question... My axefx is plugged into a matrix gt1000fx and a NL212 cab. Would you use the cab sims of the pack with this configuration?

Thanks Nikko. That was my first thought as well, but it seems like some presets sound better with cab sim and some other without... So that's why I was asking... :smirk:

Here's a short video of Austin rock guitarist Lance Keltner checking out 10 of the presets from the "Modern Amps" bank in the 700+ Naked Amps TonePack collection. Enjoy!

I'll add another short video of Lance playing amps from the Vintage & Boutique amp bank soon.

Hi AustinBuddy.
Bought your Tonepack, and totally loves the amps, i've tried so far!
I experience some of the amps has a +3-4db volume increase changing scenes - Is it suposed to do that?
Thx
MortenVedel

Back
Top Bottom