That MKIV crunch with proggy riffs (dare I say Dj0nt?)

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
Hey guys,

Made a video with my new Schecter KM-7 guitar.
It's a really killer axe, very solid guitar.

I used the Mesa MKIV amp model paired with an OwnHammer Zilla 2x12 V30 IR from the Heavy Hitters Collection Volume II.
Super cool amp model and great IR!

I'm not really a 'djent' guy but I think this song definitely comes close to that genre.

Hope you enjoy:

Sounds good! Just ordered a used KM-7 myself this week...haven't played a 7 string in ages, but recently got the itch again.

Sounds good. B standard? It's odd, my 7 string causes me to play differently then my 6 string guitars. As does drop tuning vs standard. I keep eyeing baritones too. And I would say it is somewhere between Fear Factory style and djent. I don't really djent myself either. Before the super low tuning djent craze there was Meshuggah Destroy Erase Improve which was awesome. And then something got lost in the low tuning djent stuff. Now it is just a bowl of mush.

Sounds good. B standard? It's odd, my 7 string causes me to play differently then my 6 string guitars. As does drop tuning vs standard. I keep eyeing baritones too. And I would say it is somewhere between Fear Factory style and djent. I don't really djent myself either. Before the super low tuning djent craze there was Meshuggah Destroy Erase Improve which was awesome. And then something got lost in the low tuning djent stuff. Now it is just a bowl of mush.

Thanks!
Bb tuning, I love that tuning (old meshuggah style).

Back
Top Bottom