Just ordered an MC-5jr to go with my AX8. Very excited as this looks like it will solve a lot of the things I wished I could do with a bigger board. Will post some take-aways after I'm up and running.

Am really getting interested in this one. 2 exp pedals and the size will permit me to get rid of the endless long FCB1010. Works on PC (I'm not a mac fan).
Can it display the tuner information of the Axe Fx 2 ? -> sorry, found the response above : no, not really a problem anyway.
Will need to check for sending individual CC values per patch, I use this on one or two patches, need to check how to get rid of that.
Voes, what's the delivery delay ?
Cheers,

Last edited:
One last question : what would be the best solution for powering the device, I have an Axe Fx II, mark I.

Am really getting interested in this one. 2 exp pedals and the size will permit me to get rid of the endless long FCB1010. Works on PC (I'm not a mac fan).
Can it display the tuner information of the Axe Fx 2 ? -> sorry, found the response above : no, not really a problem anyway.
Will need to check for sending individual CC values per patch, I use this on one or two patches, need to check how to get rid of that.
Voes, what's the delivery delay ?
Cheers,

MC-5 & MC-10 are in stock. for the MC-5jr there is a waiting list.

One last question : what would be the best solution for powering the device, I have an Axe Fx II, mark I.

7-9v Adapter -> Axe-Fx II -> MIDI 7-out --> MIDI 7 in MC

I remember there was some thread about building in a 7-9V adapter, did found something but looks like i would use the Axe Fx phantom supply ? Anybody's help to do this properly will be welcome.

Is it possible to use MC-5 jr to control presets and use the function buttons switches on the right side of ax8 to switch preset banks up and down? So "bank up" will give preset 6-10 and one more push on "bank up" 11-15 etc.

Is it possible to use MC-5 jr to control presets and use the function buttons switches on the right side of ax8 to switch preset banks up and down? So "bank up" will give preset 6-10 and one more push on "bank up" 11-15 etc.

No, the MC-5jr has no MIDI in and can't receive information from the AX-8.

But there are several ways to use more than 5 presets on the MC-5jr using the second layer.

1. Presets on the second layer (gives you max 10 presets)
Set on the second layer of each button another preset. This would double your presets from 5 to 10.
Button 1 would be preset 1. Press-and-hold Button 1 would gives you preset 6.
This is the way I use the MC-5jr live.

2. Bank up and Bank down (gives you max 127 presets)
Set on the second layer of 2 buttons respectively the command Bank Up and Bank Down (for example buttons 1 and 5).
Button 1 would be preset 1. Press-and-hold Button 1 would raise the bank up. Pressing Button 1 again would be preset 6.

3. Bank select (gives you max 25 presets)
Set this command on the second layer on one of the buttons (for example button 5).
Button 5 would be preset 5. Press-and-hold Button 5 will flash all leds red indicating Bank Select is active. Use one of the 5 Buttons to select which bank you want (let's assume Button 3 = bank 3). Press Button 5 again will give you preset 15.

Looks very good. A very nifty feature is the pedal swap function.
That's the only thing missing from the Ax8.
So a Mc-5jr for that alone would be a nice add on.

No, the MC-5jr has no MIDI in and can't receive information from the AX-8.

But there are several ways to use more than 5 presets on the MC-5jr using the second layer.

1. Presets on the second layer (gives you max 10 presets)
Set on the second layer of each button another preset. This would double your presets from 5 to 10.
Button 1 would be preset 1. Press-and-hold Button 1 would gives you preset 6.
This is the way I use the MC-5jr live.

2. Bank up and Bank down (gives you max 127 presets)
Set on the second layer of 2 buttons respectively the command Bank Up and Bank Down (for example buttons 1 and 5).
Button 1 would be preset 1. Press-and-hold Button 1 would raise the bank up. Pressing Button 1 again would be preset 6.

3. Bank select (gives you max 25 presets)
Set this command on the second layer on one of the buttons (for example button 5).
Button 5 would be preset 5. Press-and-hold Button 5 will flash all leds red indicating Bank Select is active. Use one of the 5 Buttons to select which bank you want (let's assume Button 3 = bank 3). Press Button 5 again will give you preset 15.[/QU

I just downloaded the editor.
Would it be better to use MC-5jr to Control on/off for up to 5 effects with #CC and use the one row of switches on the AX8 to change preset, and the other row of switches on theAX8 to switch more effects on/off or change scenes ?

If the global tick Box is on (in the editor) does that means that the switch will act as on/off for the chosen #cc on all preset when i change preset on the AX8 ?

Would it be better to use MC-5jr to Control on/off for up to 5 effects with #CC and use the one row of switches on the AX8 to change preset, and the other row of switches on theAX8 to switch more effects on/off or change scenes ?

If the global tick Box is on (in the editor) does that means that the switch will act as on/off for the chosen #cc on all preset when i change preset on the AX8 ?

Personal taste. I would use the MC-5jr for preset change of scenes change. Everything is possible.

yes

MC-5 & MC-10 are in stock. for the MC-5jr there is a waiting list.

Just a question about the exp pedal 1; Found this in the manual :

"...
Expr 1 Auto On
E.g.
Wah Freq is controlled with CC 1, Wah On/Off is controlled with CC 85. Instead of sacrificing a button to turn the Wah On/Off, you can use the Auto On feature.
Set Expr 1 Pedal CC to 1 and set Expr 1 Auto On checked and to CC 85.
Moving Expression Pedal 1 higher than 5%, turns Wah On.
If it is below 5%, it will turn Off.
..."

In Axe Fx II this can be included in EXP1 and EXP2 modifier menus, affecting the two EXP on the MC10/Axe Fx II to for example CC4 & CC7 hence use the auto on/off of the modifier menu will do the job, not ? So why duplicate on the controller then ?

BTW; will following 9V power supply do the job ?

https://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_ntac109.htm?glp=1

Keep on rocking,

Just a question about the exp pedal 1; Found this in the manual :

"...
Expr 1 Auto On
E.g.
Wah Freq is controlled with CC 1, Wah On/Off is controlled with CC 85. Instead of sacrificing a button to turn the Wah On/Off, you can use the Auto On feature.
Set Expr 1 Pedal CC to 1 and set Expr 1 Auto On checked and to CC 85.
Moving Expression Pedal 1 higher than 5%, turns Wah On.
If it is below 5%, it will turn Off.
..."

In Axe Fx II this can be included in EXP1 and EXP2 modifier menus, affecting the two EXP on the MC10/Axe Fx II to for example CC4 & CC7 hence use the auto on/off of the modifier menu will do the job, not ? So why duplicate on the controller then ?

BTW; will following 9V power supply do the job ?

https://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_ntac109.htm?glp=1

Keep on rocking,

Because the MC-line is not intended to use with Fractal products only. It can be very useful with other MIDI devices. The Auto on/off function in the Axe-Fx is such a great feature which is not found in most other Midi products that inspired me to include it in the MC.

Because the MC-line is not intended to use with Fractal products only. It can be very useful with other MIDI devices. The Auto on/off function in the Axe-Fx is such a great feature which is not found in most other Midi products that inspired me to include it in the MC.
OK, thanks.

What about the suggested power supply, OK, NOK ?

Hi, just hit the paypal button and will now need to order two expression pedals. Read the calibration procedure of the manual, but is there any minimum requirement regarding the exp pedal impedance ? A friend using AX8 had to replace his 75k imp (Ernie ball Jr ?) pedal for a 100k pedal to get full range.

Hi, just hit the paypal button and will now need to order two expression pedals. Read the calibration procedure of the manual, but is there any minimum requirement regarding the exp pedal impedance ? A friend using AX8 had to replace his 75k imp (Ernie ball Jr ?) pedal for a 100k pedal to get full range.
75K works fine on the AX8. Something else was wrong.

Back
Top Bottom