Revive Audio Mods - FX8

alboz28

Inspired
Thoughts on their claims?

"After much R&D with the circuit we are proud to offer our FX8 Modification Service.
This unit comes complete with our modifications service and is in excellent condition with original owners manual.
The software has also been updated to the most recent version as well and is ready to rock!

About the Modifications:
We evaluated the circuit and concluded that while the effects sound excellent there is a fair amount of tone masking that still occurs in these units with low headroom and a fairly muddy tone.
We also concluded that there was a pretty obvious low end hype that made instruments sound "more analog" but also a bit tubby in the low end.
In addition the headroom is pretty low when paired with a Tube Guitar Amp.
Good headroom and dynamic range are the main reason we chose a tube amp after all.
For the purists who want the absolute best from this design, we offer a wonderful modification service that addresses all of the I/O audio path from the Send/Return to the pre input sections.
The modifications come out sounding warm and musical with a non hyped sound that is clear, clean and has excellent headroom and dynamic range.
The tone comes forward with the modifications as well where you hear your amp as if the processor where not in the loop at all.
While these units offer a "True Bypass" it is really only a true bypass of the converters.
The line amps are still in play so "Tone suck" Still occurs even when bypass engaged.
The modifications address this as well for the purist tone possible.
With the upgrade we change out all of the audio amps in the circuit as well as the capacitors for tone "Ideal" types that simply sound excellent and leave the stock version in the dust.
These units include all of the wonderful effects you need at a quality that cant be beat!
We love it and will be evaluating other models as well to be added to our mail in services in the coming weeks such as the AX8."

Total bullshit. A fool and their money, right?

Edit: I wonder what it's like being so inept in the technical department that your business model is an also-ran service that tries to ride on the prowess and popularity of other companies like this? I sure as F wouldn't be able to look my self in the mirror every morning if this was my business and think I was helping make the world a better place.

Golly, and they're only upcharging a mere $300... they must be charging by the word for their description of this "service"

Last edited:
I'd suggest posting a link to this nonsense...

Sounds like a complete BS scam to me!
Please don't post a link. That only help amplify their SEO stuff.

Edit: their entire business is modding other people's stuff, especially digital stuff, with questionable mods to make it "sound better". Do avoid is my advice.

Last edited:
I'd suggest posting a link to this nonsense...

Sounds like a complete BS scam to me!

They are on eBay selling the modded FX8- which is where they posted the info ....They charge $350.00 for these mods if you send your unit in, which is in the listing info as well. It is also mentioned they will be offering these mods to the AX8 as well

They are on eBay selling the modded FX8- which is where they posted the info ....They charge $350.00 for these mods if you send your unit in, which is in the listing info as well. It is also mentioned they will be offering these mods to the AX8 as well
Thanks... @iaresee pm'd me a link to their site and a Reverb post.

I think the whole thing is snake oil and I would steer clear of these guys.

I've bought a DBX 163x comp off Reverb with their mods. I'd previously owned a stock 163x. I can't say that I could really tell any difference between the stock and modded units, although I did not directly A/B them (many years had passed since owning the stock unit). I bought the modded unit used so the mods didn't cost me anything over what a stock unit would fetch. It sounded like it should but the skies didn't open up or anything. FWIW, I don't think they are bad guys.

But it will be a very cold day in hell before I would let anybody but Fractal do anything to my FX8 Mk II. It's pretty damned perfect as-is. I certainly wouldn't let someone void my warranty.

Last edited:
This reminds me of a certain situation.

Sometimes, our technician comes to me saying, "Someone sent their unit in for non-warranty repair, but another tech has already messed it up so badly already that I can't work on it." Our only option in cases like these is to send a unit back unfixed, or to replace the entire unit at significant expense.

Back
Top Bottom