Dr Bonkers Silver & Black Collection Volume 1 Teaser Specially Priced

dr bonkers

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
@Brownmatthall , you among others asked for it, so now you have it.

https://www.drbonkerssoundlab.com/p...ction-volume-1-ac406-2x15-alu-1x15-bass-cabs/

Now offered both in Fractal syx and WAV formats.

Since July last year when this cab pack was first released my mic collection grew.

When I compared what I offer people on my site with other cab packs versus the contents of this cab pack, I could not offer it to you at the same price, so you will see it specially priced from now on.

For those that originally purchased this cab pack at full price through the Fractal site, I thank you for investing in me so that I could expand my mic collection and build the Soundlab in order to offer more expansive cab packs since February 2017.

If you want updates to your preset/cab bundles for SBBC1 that you previously purchased through the Fractal site, please email me on my site with your original receipt for this cab pack and I will continue to support you with updated presets any time I think a FW update merits one. Unfortunately I don't have a customer list for that pack when it was sold through FAS, so I won't know if you bought it without seeing a receipt.

Thanks so much again for the awesome support.

Last edited:
@Brownmatthall , you among others asked for it, so now you have it.

https://www.drbonkerssoundlab.com/p...ction-volume-1-ac406-2x15-alu-1x15-bass-cabs/

Now offered both in Fractal syx and WAV formats.

Since July last year when this cab pack was first released my mic collection grew.

When I compared what I offer people on my site with other cab packs versus the contents of this cab pack, I could not offer it to you at the same price, so you will see it specially priced from now on.

For those that originally purchased this cab pack at full price through the Fractal site, I thank you for investing in me so that I could expand my mic collection and build the Soundlab in order to offer more expansive cab packs since February 2017.

If you want updates to your preset/cab bundles for SBBC1 that you previously purchased through the Fractal site, please email me on my site with your original receipt for this cab pack and I will continue to support you with updated presets any time I think a FW update merits one. Unfortunately I don't have a customer list for that pack when it was sold through FAS, so I won't know if you bought it without seeing a receipt.

Thanks so much again for the awesome support.
Looking forward to trying these out later, many thanks!

I remember a volume 2, as well. What was in that one?
Volume 2 featured a Hartke 4X10 and a GK410t 4X10.

I am trying to see if the cabinets are still available to rent from the same individuals, if they are in similar sonic condition, and re-shoot them in the Soundlab rather than use the Fox Recording sessions that were in Volume 2.

The reason I am thinking about a re-shoot is it would mean more mic options for people. I am still working on the logistics to see if that is possible as long as it would maintain the quality.

While I am sorting that detective work & analysis out, I am hard at work on another special project that is TBA.

Volume 2 featured a Hartke 4X10 and a GK410t 4X10.

I am trying to see if the cabinets are still available to rent from the same individuals, if they are in similar sonic condition, and re-shoot them in the Soundlab rather than use the Fox Recording sessions that were in Volume 2.

The reason I am thinking about a re-shoot is it would mean more mic options for people. I am still working on the logistics to see if that is possible as long as it would maintain the quality.

While I am sorting that detective work & analysis out, I am hard at work on another special project that is TBA.
The other thing I should add is that the unlike volume 1, in volume 2 when I originally shot those cabs, I exclusively used CabLab3, which does not output wav files. Since wav or combo files are 75% of my sales, it makes no real sense for me to release volume 2 unless I can find a solution to finding those cabs in similar condition again.

The other thing I should add is that the unlike volume 1, in volume 2 when I originally shot those cabs, I exclusively used CabLab3, which does not output wav files. Since wav or combo files are 75% of my sales, it makes no real sense for me to release volume 2 unless I can find a solution to finding those cabs in similar condition again.
No worries. I just couldn't remember what cabs were in volume 2.

I've been mixing your cone mics and the BK 1 and 2 captures and its getting me exactly what I wanted out of the acoustic cab, really glad you put these back up (now if I could just figure out that 360 fuzz tone...)

I've been mixing your cone mics and the BK 1 and 2 captures and its getting me exactly what I wanted out of the acoustic cab, really glad you put these back up (now if I could just figure out that 360 fuzz tone...)
I am happy you like these.

I have been chasing that 360 fuzz too..

Rumor has it the 360 drive was based on a Dallas Arbiter fuzz box, but I haven't been able to get the right character of grit even playing with slew, etc. It's kind of eluding me.

I am happy you like these.

I have been chasing that 360 fuzz too..

Rumor has it the 360 drive was based on a Dallas Arbiter fuzz box, but I haven't been able to get the right character of grit even playing with slew, etc. It's kind of eluding me.
I've been messing around with different combos of the jazz chorus, fuzzes, drives, even straight up cranking the amp and eq-ing out the flub, no cigar just yet

I've been messing around with different combos of the jazz chorus, fuzzes, drives, even straight up cranking the amp and eq-ing out the flub, no cigar just yet
My memory of the 360 grind is about 10 years ago, so I could be chasing shadows at this point.

Can anyone point me to a good example that is not YouTube video from a phone mic and not Jaco?

I love Jaco, but I can't play like him if you put a gun to my head.

I'll give it a shot going for the gold again if someone can give me a clear audio reference.

My memory of the 360 grind is about 10 years ago, so I could be chasing shadows at this point.

Can anyone point me to a good example that is not YouTube video from a phone mic and not Jaco?

I love Jaco, but I can't play like him if you put a gun to my head.

I'll give it a shot going for the gold again if someone can give me a clear audio reference.
I took a look around but I've come up empty, it's distinctly midrange-y though. Lots of upper harmonics that gel really nicely with the big low end. I've actually come up with a really cool tone cranking the input gain, trim, master volume, and motor drive all to 10 on the jazz chorus and your IR's; might not be fuzz circuit but it's inspiring some gnarly riffs I might have to record tomorrow...

I took a look around but I've come up empty, it's distinctly midrange-y though. Lots of upper harmonics that gel really nicely with the big low end. I've actually come up with a really cool tone cranking the input gain, trim, master volume, and motor drive all to 10 on the jazz chorus and your IR's; might not be fuzz circuit but it's inspiring some gnarly riffs I might have to record tomorrow...
I would love to hear anything if you could share!

Back
Top Bottom