Axe Edit constant crashes

I have to say that these last days it was really problematic. It's always crashing, sometimes a few minutes after I open or reopen axe edit. I had to shut down the axe fx maybe ten times during one hour of playing. I may be wrong but it seems to be more present when used in conjunction with cab lab. Yesterday I played a few hours with AxeEdit only and had no problem. But on the other hand there was less "tweaking" involved.

I have to say that these last days it was really problematic. It's always crashing, sometimes a few minutes after I open or reopen axe edit. I had to shut down the axe fx maybe ten times during one hour of playing. I may be wrong but it seems to be more present when used in conjunction with cab lab. Yesterday I played a few hours with AxeEdit only and had no problem. But on the other hand there was less "tweaking" involved.

I don't have cab lab, still got the crashes. I am starting to become very angry and I also started to think about switching from Fractal to something else if this issue won't be solved in the next months.

I don't have cab lab, still got the crashes. I am starting to become very angry and I also started to think about switching from Fractal to something else if this issue won't be solved in the next months.

It happens to me everyday no matter what I do (MAC user here). It happens randomly it could be after 2 minutes or after 30 min but it will happen! As many others have said I never had a problem with it. I do not use any external sound card (never have) and don't use any DAW. My CPU usage is around 60- 70%.

I did not downgraded my AE to 3.13 when downgraded my FW to 7.02, so now I'm testing again.

I'm trying to do some testing too and today I've played for probably 2hours through FracPad from @AlGrenadine w/o issues. It'd be useful if someone else could try as well. One other thing that I've noticed when using Axe-Edit is this:
NOTE: I do this when a new FM is released instead of X/Y AMP switching
Before upgrading FM I copy the AMP block and past it under the 'old' AMP block though not connected (hope this make sense!), then I upgraded and go back and forth between the two AMP blocks to check the settings. Now, when clicking between the AMP blocks I've noticed that the 'Communication timeout' happened. This happened 3 times in the last two days. I tried the same thing today, multiple times with FracPad and it didn't happen. I'm also going to try @Nero's AxeLive and see what happen.

Started to rebuild my presets from scratch with fw7.02 and AE 3.13. Got a timeout after 30 minutes. Really-really disturbing.

Few weeks passed by again. The issue is still here.

I would like to kindly ask you to report your problem via mail to Fractal Support, only few of us did. by now, there is no sign of an upcoming fw/ae update.
can you please give the email address, it's not easy to find it on the site.
Thank you

It's horrible. It's taking up the fun of playing with different patches, and gets in the way of practice. I love Fractal, but this is intolerable.

Sent a ticket.

Has anyones solved this issue yet? I have been having this issue or almost a year now and my Axe fx won't turn on anymore it just goes to green screen of death

Has anyones solved this issue yet? I have been having this issue or almost a year now and my Axe fx won't turn on anymore it just goes to green screen of death

Unfortunately the issue has not been solved. Please submit a ticket to the support, so they can collect your data/info and find out what is happening.

Yesteday I played on a WIN8 machine, and AE after crash just froze my AXE unit, never happened before.

Hey all....not sure if this will help but if it gets anyone closer great!!!

I have axe XL and windows 7 with latest software and firmware connected to a focusrite Scarlett via midi cables. Everything worked fine with no flaws until.....yesterday.

This may be coincidence but this is what happened. I updated the usb driver to finally use them. Still connected via midi cables I was editing a patch. Copied the GEQ to the clipboard (for use on another patch) and it happened....locked up. I tried rebooting all software hardware computer but no go. Try to reconnect and it says something about version information cannot be queried. So now im down too.

Hope this can add to the trouble shooting.

Back
Top Bottom