Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.02 Firmware Release

That's because you've got Master Volume turned down to 1. The power amp sim isn't being driven. Turn MV up until you find the sweet spot.

I never mentioned any of my settings in this thread. I typically keep the Master about 3. Any higher and the mids get real cardboard-like.

My mistake. I was referring to @mnemonic 's post.

It is pretty low, I've experimented extensively with it in the past, but I don't really like it very high as the bottom end gets out-of-control flubby. I am using a seven string in A and an eight string in F though. If I use my 6 strings, I can tolerate much higher master settings.

No new firmware and some B-stock sales are making me wonder. A new Axe-Fx on the way maybe? Axe-FxII XL++

I hear the ++ has more gain.

I do as well foresee a new unit on the way. And sadly I haven't yet been able to raise the funds for the MFC 101, much less the hopefully forthcoming collectors item Maui-Hendrix-themed rainbow-spitting Axe FX III that absorbs and processes the tone adjustments a player thinks about. (Maybe a bit of premature speculation - but I'm SURE that is the unit on the way.)

I'm thinking of punishing myself...going to live a stripped-down life in Maui, or maybe in Bali, near some Buddhist temples, surviving only with a goat for milk, a closet full of only a half a dozen colored linens, and a cell phone to order survival gear like freshly ironed smoking Belgian Waffles. Modeling my life like a prayer beady-eyed version Donovan. I can still access the forums and keep in touch.

I dunno. I must be putting the horse before the fractals somehow. (Anyway, I've got some property in escrow seemingly being sold, so I believe cash will be to hand when needed if it takes Cliff a few more months...)

I'd bet money the reason there have been no updates and the B stock is being sold off is because there is a new model on the way.

Would be interesting, if there will be a new unit. Especially as a Mark I owner.
Just wonder what would be the reason for it? Thought the XL+ has enough space for another few firmware updates.

To be fair that would probably be a good business move - release a new unit that software-wise is the same (not like there are better DSP's anyway) but with modernised and updated UI.

I know I see on other forums a lot, people complaining about the UI, or getting a helix / headrush / whatever because of the UI.

Hey, no problem!!! :) I tend to agree with the new interface though - I learned the green screen during the time when AxeEdit wasn't compatible with the new units so it's no biggie for me now, but I can certainly understand those who want a bigger and more friendly UI. If that is an option, it may be offered "in addition to" rather than "in place of" what's available now with prices to reflect the additional bells & whistles.

Thanks for taking one for the team. :p

Back
Top Bottom