Best JCM800 preset out there???

Chiguete

Experienced
Ok so I'm wondering whats the go to JCM800 preset that most of you say "yeha that sounds great"? I want to check it out and compare to one I'm doing.

Have you tried the 800 #34 preset from the recent AX8 presets update?
To my ears and fingers, that was the first time I've really enjoyed playing a Marshall amp (real or model)

The BEST JCM 800 preset for me ..., isn't actually a JCM 800 ! Mikko @ ML SOUND LAB did a Brit Silver preset w/ one of his 'best' IR's and that just nails EVERYTHING I want in a Marshall !

The bad news is he did it for the Axe-Fx II, but if you can find it I'm sure you can convert it w/ the FracTool !

GOOD LUCK !

Have you tried the 800 #34 preset from the recent AX8 presets update?
To my ears and fingers, that was the first time I've really enjoyed playing a Marshall amp (real or model)
Hey so I've been out for a while but now that you mention it in what bank is the 800 #34 preset locatel? I updated the firmware but I'm not sure the presets got updated since I don't see one with that name :0

Hey so I've been out for a while but now that you mention it in what bank is the 800 #34 preset locatel? I updated the firmware but I'm not sure the presets got updated since I don't see one with that name :0
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ax8-v8-02-released.128210/#post-1523073
http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/ax8/8.0/AX8-Factory-Preset-Banks-8p02.zip

Sorry I don't know what number/bank it is, but it's included in the above link.

You do not have the latest presets.

Just so you know, The presets (factory or otherwise) and the firmware are two independent things. Installing new firmware doesn't install the new presets.

You'll have to upload the new presets they are not included in the firmware update. They sound great so it's worth doing. Especially the preset you're talking about. So good.

Ok so on the weekend I was finally able to sit down and upload the presets and test the one of the JCM800 #34 out... and I have to say that is as good as you guys said it would be! Thanks.

stick a drive in front on that preset. the bb pre is in there at the moment, but try the 808 - gain 1, level 7. rawk.

stick a drive in front on that preset. the bb pre is in there at the moment, but try the 808 - gain 1, level 7. rawk.
Well mine had a 808 in front with 5.28 gain and 7.?? of level allready but I put back the gain at 1 for rhythms and toggle between the gain at 5 or using the Boost in the amp... different tones to play around.

Back
Top Bottom