Fractal Audio Summer B-Stock Sale

Some guys have all the luck.
In Europe we pay around USD 900 USD more for a new axe-fx xl+....USD 3142 USD compared to USD 2250 in USA.
That sux bigtime.

I've got three and don't really need another but I want one Anyway! This is tough to pass up! My wife would kill me!

Some guys have all the luck.
In Europe we pay around USD 900 USD more for a new axe-fx xl+....USD 3142 USD compared to USD 2250 in USA.
That sux bigtime.
If Carlsberg made AxeFX's ...

.... they'd probably be cheaper for us ;)

I need to ask a (somewhat) dumb question... Since I haven't tried using any plugins for my Axe-FX II XL, I'm not totally sure how these plug-ins (like the Reverb package) work. Essentially, do the downloads install on your laptop, and work like using a DAW? So if you wanted to use those reverbs live, for example, you would need to have the Axe FX attached to the laptop?

I need to ask a (somewhat) dumb question... Since I haven't tried using any plugins for my Axe-FX II XL, I'm not totally sure how these plug-ins (like the Reverb package) work. Essentially, do the downloads install on your laptop, and work like using a DAW? So if you wanted to use those reverbs live, for example, you would need to have the Axe FX attached to the laptop?

...from the web ad: AU or VST (64-bit): Any host capable of hosting 64-bit AUs or VSTs. Alosutilizes Ilok, which is a PC\MAC security deal

Yes FAS Reverb is a separate plugin to be used inside a daw or computer based live mixing app ,nothing to do with your axfx hardware
So, bradlake (and Stratman68), you're saying the FAS Reverb, even though it is a Fractal product, and "Based on the highly-acclaimed Reverb algorithms from the legendary Axe-Fx II guitar processor", it cannot be directly utilized by the Axe FX II XL in a live performance environment - i.e., it is only for a separate (non-Fractal) recording mixdown environment, or a live mixing app. Just making sure I understand you correctly. Thx

Yes FAS Reverb is a separate plugin to be used inside a daw or computer based live mixing app ,nothing to do with your axfx hardware
...or maybe a better question to ask first is: Does the FAS Reverb even have more/better reverbs than the Axe FX (so would I even want/need to use it even if I could)?

...or maybe a better question to ask first is: Does the FAS Reverb even have more/better reverbs than the Axe FX (so would I even want/need to use it even if I could)?

It has double the density of the on-board reverb algorithm. Also having a reverb in a plugin allows you to change reverb settings after recording vs. having to commit to a reverb sound on the way in.

Dave
It was made to use in your daw of choice. The reverbs are so good, that the next logical step was a plugin. Just my opinion. Why can't the AX8\Axefx reverbs be as good. Pretty much what deathbyguitar said. Would take too much processing power. I am sure you have noticed how the reverb is the first thing that gets disabled if you add too many blocks. The first fix is almost always to lower the echo density. If that fails either remove a block or go with the spring reverb (which is what I do a lot and make up for it, when needed, with a delay or the multidelay.
HTH

Another difference between the verb in the hardware and FAS-FX Reverb is that the plugin processes the input signal in true stereo.

Cliff:
"The plugin keeps stereo sources separated, so a stereo orchestra in your virtual concert hall will have individual instruments or sections placed accordingly on the reverb sound stage."

Back
Top Bottom