Free Axe-FX II Preset Pack based around a Vintage Marshall JMP

Axe-Master
I originally created these for AX8 but I've converted them to XL+ presets for anyone who wants to try them. The tone match is from a vintage JMP with a 4x12 green back cab and dynamic/ribbon mic mix and each amp model is dialled in to represent a slightly different take on what the real amp can do.

Drop the tone match IR into the user cab slot and drop in your favourite effects blocks around them. Presets are linked in the video description.

Original thread - https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/free-preset-pack-based-around-a-vintage-marshall-jmp.129272/

Demo video -

Last edited:
I've just loaded the first one 50W Plexi 6550 and sounds great. Added of course some Reverb and Delay. Thanks very much. ;)

Just loaded these up this morning. AWESOME!!!!
If you don't mind me asking, can you tell a little more about your tone match IR?
What type of cab is it that you used to make the match? 4X12 I assume? greenbacks?

Just loaded these up this morning. AWESOME!!!!
If you don't mind me asking, can you tell a little more about your tone match IR?
What type of cab is it that you used to make the match? 4X12 I assume? greenbacks?
Yep 4x12 Greenback's and a dynamic/ribbon mic mix. I don't own an Axe-2 so the tone match was actually done by someone who got in touch with me via my Youtube channel and offered to do it in exchange for providing him with a sample recording of the real amp. Win/win for all!

I should add these are dialled in with a dark sounding guitar (PRS SC-245) so you may want to tweak the treble and presence controls depending on the guitar you're using. I like the FET boost with the Klon style settings (drive around 4, tone 6, level 7, high cut at 6.5k, middle on 1 and diode clipping type) as a gain boost for lead work too.

Here's one more, based around the Jubilee model. I really like the balance between low end growl and high end cut with this one; you can easily convert this from AX8 to Axe-Fx with Fractool. Link in the description.

Back
Top Bottom