Tune down ....

fafakiwi

Experienced
Hi Everyone ,
I don like to have you help and use your knowledge....
I d like to play songs in different key , half step down or a whole step down without detuning the guitar ,
I think I ve read something on it Among the forum.... using pitch shifter,
Thanks for answers and settings for a half and a whole step down , it would be very useful for me .....
Fafa

Hi ,
thanks for your answer and your help Hubertus , i ve read wiki page and tried to experiment .....with no concluent result ,
i ve also tried to search forum for threads on that topic as it seems to be a recurrent one !!!!!
but has someone the complete and perfect settings for the pitch block for haf a step and whole step down ....pleaseeeeeeee
all that i m sure is that you nedd to put the block on first position , at the very beginning of the path .
i hope i ll have concrete answers , thanks everyone ...
Fafa

Here are the settings that I typically use........... The lower the drop, the higher the 'Low Cut'. 1/2 step - 114 Hz. Whole step - 200 Hz.
View attachment 40921 View attachment 40922 View attachment 40923 View attachment 40924
Hii my Axemaster ,
Always there with the best answer ....
Hope you re fine ,
Many thanks for help once more ...
I have my xi tone cabs now , you re presets sound AWSOME on them .... I enjoy them a lot ....the heaven of the guitarist ...
See you soon Moke
Fafa

@Moke can I ask what the modifier does?
It allows a couple of milliseconds of (only) the original, un-shifted, dry 'pick attack' signal through when you first strike a note. If you are constantly playing, It won't do anything. You have to stop for a split second for the ADSR controller to reset. It really helps for percussive parts like 'chucking' or tight 'palm-muting'.

Last edited:
It allows a couple of milliseconds of the original, un-shifted, dry 'pick attack' signal through when you first strike a note. If you are constantly playing, It won't do anything. You have to stop for a split second for the ADSR controller to reset. It really helps for percussive parts like 'chucking' or tight 'palm-muting'.
Thank you Moke
Always interesting to show the tricks with screenshots, great work ;)

Hi Moke,

Just tried your settings and they work quit well. Sure you still hear a bit of latency and a different attack but it's workable for a few songs. I wouldn't do a whole set with it though. When you detune more than a half steps you will hear more latency obviously and also the sound degrades and gets more muddy.

Also tried going up in pitch like you do with a capo. When going up you will hear the wavering when you let the chord ring and with more complex chords you can get in trouble. Also tried the octave up solo. That works for single lines but not well for chords. You really need polyphonic pitch detection for that. So in that case the Drop pedal or a MicroPog or Pitchfork will do a better job because they have polyphonic pitch detection.

Last edited:
the axe has polyphonic pitch detection...it's right there in the first screenshot...see it?

"pitch track" = "poly"

It allows a couple of milliseconds of the original, un-shifted, dry 'pick attack' signal through when you first strike a note. If you are constantly playing, It won't do anything. You have to stop for a split second for the ADSR controller to reset. It really helps for percussive parts like 'chucking' or tight 'palm-muting'.

Thanks, I'm a completely noob when it comes to modifiers

Back
Top Bottom