Level mystery between scenes

morelia

Inspired
I'm trying to level match and keep coming across this messed anomaly. I set the levels on all scenes within a preset. Checked and all good, done. Move on to another preset, scene level adjust and so on. When I go back to some presets the first scene level is waaaaay different to what I set it to. If I select another scene and go back it is all good. Any ideas on what is happening there? Running v8.02

My AX8 is packed away, so this is from memory, but trying setting PC reset to off; it's in the modifier menu somewhere. I had the same issue and that was the culprit.

Unfortunately I can't see to find that. Is it global, or per preset, or per scene. I don't imagine it can be set using Axe-Edit?

Let me know if there are any issues with the upload. It is a commercial preset with my own modifications.

Mod Edit - attachment removed

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to level match and keep coming across this messed anomaly. I set the levels on all scenes within a preset. Checked and all good, done. Move on to another preset, scene level adjust and so on. When I go back to some presets the first scene level is waaaaay different to what I set it to. If I select another scene and go back it is all good. Any ideas on what is happening there? Running v8.02
at first glance, I wonder if you're saving the preset after tweaking the levels and moving on to a new preset?

Disable PC Reset for the filter block's level modifier.
Can you run me through how to do that? Can it be done in Axe-Edit or through the AX8 only. I had a look for that but couldn't find it.

Also, I gather I need to do this for each filter block in the preset. Seems weird that selecting the preset has issues but that problem goes away going from scene to scene.

First of all, you should not have posted that if it is a commercial preset..........
You should contact the preset maker for advice.

Can you explain exactly where you are trying to "set the levels on all scenes within the preset"? If there are scene controllers, then that is where you probably need to adjust things?

Other than that, The 'Output Mixer' can store a different level for each scene, But extreme adjustments there can really mess with any Reverb and Delay trails.

Last edited:
Not sure who's preset this is (I have a guess)? Sorry for butting in. Covered the name.

To the OP.....This is where you need to adjust each scene volume.....Scene Controller #2 is attached to the 'Level' parameter of the 'Filter' block. Scene Controller #1 is adjusting the amount of 'Gain/Distortion' in the Amp block (not including the 'Drive' block).
levels.png

Not the 'Output' block. Not sure if you changed those? But they should probably all be set back to '0' dB?? They are all over the place?
levels 2.png

I definitely encouraged posting the preset, but I guess I assumed that commercial presets would be asked about. Regardless, and I'm just asking for actual discussion, what could he do if the preset creator didn't/couldn't help? At what point is a commercial preset edited enough so it's ok to reveal? The OP could have started PM'ing people to help, but most of us don't like that.

Bit of a tough situation. That all said, I don't think people are scouring the help me threads for leaked paid stuff ;)

'PC Reset' being 'ON' is causing the preset to load with the saved settings, which are different than the scene controlled settings. Once you select any other scene, the scene controllers take over.

Can you run me through how to do that? Can it be done in Axe-Edit or through the AX8 only. I had a look for that but couldn't find it.

Also, I gather I need to do this for each filter block in the preset. Seems weird that selecting the preset has issues but that problem goes away going from scene to scene.
Right click on the Level parameter in the Filter block to bring up the Modifier screen. PC Reset is in there.

I was actually considering removing the text that it was a commercial preset, and then perhaps none of this would have been an issue. If the creator had a reaction I'd mention what happened. But things aren't clear cut all the time so I just left it as is.

@morelia, If you can't get help from the preset creator? (and please try there first). I may be able to help you privately?

No disrespect to the preset maker. I know many of you, and you all do great work. Just being helpful.

Not sure if this is solved? To switch PC reset off, open the preset in AX8 Edit, open up the filter block, (or whatever block is being used to set the levels, could also be a volume block), then (right?) click on the level control with the modifier attached, i.e. on the yellow rectangle symbol in the centre of the knob. This will pop up the modifier edit box. Switch PC reset off. Thats it.

I now do this when using modifiers to prevent the problem you are having. I am not great at this stuff and don't really understand under what circumstances one would want PC reset to be on, which would be nice to know!

Back
Top Bottom