cabIR.eu CORE 4 TONE starter pack

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
Guys, i bundled 4 new cabinets of the new "focus IR series" and for an introduction i discounted this CORE4TONE starter pack that much (introduction price till 7th july), that nobody should miss it! Check it out! I`m sure, you will love it!

I am really sure, you will love the new folder structure as the sound you will get out of these IRs! Clarity, easy to use, extremely balanced IRs ( key is FOCUS folder! ). You don`t have to tweak the amp sims with these to get greatest results!

Some tips from my experiences with the Axe-Fx so far. shunt row, Amp block (default) + Cab sim (+maybe a little reverb) und you`re done!:
  • Axe-Fx 5F8 TWEED & cabIR.eu FE-TWEED_FOCUS_CAB. Take your strat! Done!
  • Axe-Fx Plexi 50W HI & cabIR.eu MR-AX1960_FOCUS_CAB. Take your Les Paul. Done! Rock heaven. CAB=all speakers, FOCUS_CAB is always "the reference sound" of the whole cab. Also i must recommend to check the FOCUS_A/B/C/D: every speaker sounds very different and all have somenthing indivdual to give!
  • Axe-Fx ODS-100 FORD MD & CU-THIELE_FOCUS_CAB. Take a Es-335. Welcome Larry Carlton and Robben Ford! But this EV 12L loaded cab can do quite more! From clean to mean...
  • Axe-Fx Class 30W TB & VX-CA30TB_BLUE. Take a Strat. decrease HI-CUT (where normally you`ll find the Presence knob in the amp sim) to zero - 3 (like you wuld do on the actual amp, 5 is to high as default, imo). Done!
Really! I don`t know, why Users just watching out for "out of the box" presets! It`s sooo simple, the Axe-Fx sooo good, if the key - the IR - is right!

Take a listen with the Tweed:

rythm guitar: Axe-Fx II 5F8 Tweed amp sim & cabIR.eu FE-TWEED_FOCUS_CAB IR
solo guitar: Axe-Fx II 6G4 Super amp sim & cabIR.eu FE-TWEED_MIX_CAB_rear+U67 IR
both tracks have a tad of 808 tubescreamer sim in front of the amp sim

... and with the Vox:

1) factory preset #6 + VX-CA30TB_BLUE_FOCUS_A IR + Tele style g. (bridge)
2) factory preset #6 + VX-CA30TB_BLUE_FOCUS_A IR + Tele style g. (neck)
3) factory preset #5 + VX-CA30TB_BLUE_FOCUS_CAB_414 IR + Tele style g. (bridge)
4) factory preset #8 + VX-CA30TB_BLUE_FOCUS_A IR + Strat style g. (neck)

All the best (see above, if you ask yourself, what i mean ... :D )
Markus

Last edited:
Will pick up!
I`m sure you won`t regret it! The opposite ...
Excellent user guides with lot of good info!
That makes me most notably happy, that you say that! ;) Hopefully, you will be not the only one, who take care about the User guides :) As you guys know, i`m german, and my english is ... well, much less good, than my IR producing skills (hopefully) ... so, forgive me, if you`ll find some errors here and there in the translation! :)

Soooo.... I just lost an evening to the Thiele cab :)

Per your recommendation, I loaded the ODS-100 Ford MD, a delay block (2290) and a studio reverb. I also loaded the ODS100 clean. I gave up on choosing my favourite IRs from this pack, because everything sounds good. I tended to prefer the ones with the U67 or the 414 - I think those LDC mics really suit the 'hi-fi' sound that this cab delivers in spades. The clean sounds were phenomenal.

EDIT: I look forward to trying this cab with the TX Star - I feel almost certain that it will transform my playing into that of Andy Timmons'

Last edited:
Soooo.... I just lost an evening to the Thiele cab :)

Per your recommendation, I loaded the ODS-100 Ford MD, a delay block (2290) and a studio reverb. I also loaded the ODS100 clean. I gave up on choosing my favourite IRs from this pack, because everything sounds good. I tended to prefer the ones with the U67 or the 414 - I think those LDC mics really suit the 'hi-fi' sound that this cab delivers in spades. The clean sounds were phenomenal.

EDIT: I look forward to trying this cab with the TX Star - I feel almost certain that it will transform my playing into that of Andy Timmons'

Thanks for the kind words! happy, you like the new cabIR.eu CORE4TONE starter pack, at least the Thiele cabinet with the EV 12L in it ;) Maybe you wanna try also the Vox ... heinzi did a great surfing track, involving the Class 30W TB and shared luckily the preset with us :)
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/voxish-surf-sound-preset-attached-cabir-eu.128961/

@Morphosis

Markus, just bought the Core pack.

About the Focus_CAB files: is that a mix of all mics?

Hi Alexander,

thanks! Can`t wait, what you`re thinking about them! To the FOCUS mixes: not all, they are based on my "secret recipe" :D But it`s only truthful only Mic mixes - no "secret post processings", no EQ, no nothing, all "by nature" ... accurateness and authenticy is and will always be No.1 for the cabIR.eu stuff.

Ah okay.

So it's your (mix) recipe to provide the authentic sound of the cab, as a starting point.
Then I can switch to a specific Focus_Cab_mic file, when I like some flavor, right?

The EV Thiele and Vox sound really excellent.

The Marshall its a little thin for my taste, but that's probably how that specific cab sounds.

EDIT: I meant more bright, not "thin".

Last edited:
Ah okay.

So it's your (mix) recipe to provide the authentic sound of the cab, as a starting point.
Then I can switch to a specific Focus_Cab_mic file, when I like some flavor, right?

"Authentic sound of the cab" is a question of listening position, no?! ;) That said, i would say: The FOCUS_CAB is under objective criteria mostly the most balanced IR. Most balanced works mostly good, if the previous frequency responses from the particular chain stations also fullfill "balancy". Means: Dark sound amps will maybe likely more IR with more high-end and vs. verca. Always a question of the chain!

And THAT said, yes ... if you so will ... the FOCUS_CAB i would call the "reference (miced) sound" of the whole cabinet. Because of it`s balance.

Deeper informations and recommendations and some starting points, how to use and where to find ... i hopefully documented well in the attached USER GUIDE PDF, each cabinet comes with ... :) At the end, i believe, these "focus IR series" IR library structure is the best of both worlds: Easy and fast to use, with great results and less amp tweaking (less to none, imo, start with default amps!!!! start everything from default!), but for the individuals, all the mics and different mic positions fromeach speaker is found in the Single-Mic folders. minimal & real phase (including authentic pre-delay running time) for those, who search for a more mic specific sound or position and for those, who want to mix their own stuff.

The majority will be fast and easily happy with the FOCUS folder (and the MIX-CLASSICS folder too). The QUICKSTART folder gives you a small impression, an average thru the whole library for a first orientation...

Maybe you can share this impression of usage but i would also be really happy, if you share your differing opinion about :)

Reactions: yek
With the Thiele as with the Vox cab, I definitely find that that the Single Mic Real/Raw Phase folder is worth going thru - It does not take too much time, as the number of IRs is quite limited (a good thing). My favorite is absolutely the AKG 414 mic. It fits that cab very well.

It is a bit unclear to me how to use the information that the resonance frequency is 120 Hz (for the Thiele). Should I go to the speaker page in the cab block and change the low resonance frequency to 120 Hz and then just play with Low res Q and Low Resonance value?

The EV Thiele and Vox sound really excellent.

The Marshall its a little thin for my taste, but that's probably how that specific cab sounds.

What? :eek: Not enough "beef"? Tried FOCUS_A ? If i remeber correct, that`s the most beefy speaker from the four very differnet sounding speaker (imo). Wann more beef? MIX-CLASSICS: rear+U67. to much? rear+MD421. Other "beaf" FOCUS_A_R121 Or one of the single mix R121 ... or, maybe the cab is not for you ;( Hopefully you did not tried the IRs in a preset, tweaked for ... maybe certain Greenback 4X12 factory cabs! they are much more darker and bass heavier ... (what to me is a problem...). So, if you compensate these with low end roll off or bass decreasing, i won`t wonder.

Marshall Plexi 50W HI + Les Peaul + FOCUS_CAB or FOCUS_A ... i liked much! Without any touching any paramters on the default amp block ...

It is a bit unclear to me how to use the information that the resonance frequency is 120 Hz (for the Thiele). Should I go to the speaker page in the cab block and change the low resonance frequency to 120 Hz and then just play with Low res Q and Low Resonance value?
Just set Low Resonance value to the frequency, you`ll find in the manuals = 120Hz for the Thiele. other parameters to taste. They depend and interact with the negative feedback control also ... means: beyond the setting of the measured low resonance of the cab, exact reactions between speaker and power amp is based on assumptions, as it can not be otherwise, based on the modeling tecnique and the seperated contemplation of Amp and cab sim ... but it will be more than enough, imo ...

With the Thiele as with the Vox cab, I definitely find that that the Single Mic Real/Raw Phase folder is worth going thru - It does not take too much time, as the number of IRs is quite limited (a good thing). My favorite is absolutely the AKG 414 mic. It fits that cab very well.

Yes absolut! The 414 is also one of my favourite - Raw 2. I like to hear the difference between the single mics and use them more than the mixes.

Demo of the new "Core 4 Tone" Cab Pack. This is from the Focus folder the first IR: MR-AX1960_Focus_A and sounds really great. Preset is a 100W Plexi High and I can load it up later if somebody wants it....

EDIT: In the meantime I have a new favorite: MR-AX1960_Focus_A and CU-Thiele_Focus_Cab_184 together in a stereo cab - love it.

@yek Well, maybe i was a bit fast with my reply. The MR-AX1960_G12M25 sounds IMO brighter, more upper mids pronounced, than ... let`s say the MR-PIN68_G12M20 or MR-CB71_G12M25, both real vintage with the old pre-rola cones, which pronounce more the lower midrange, especially the MR-CB71_G12M25. Maybe this is, what you`re missing. On the other side, the re-issue Marshall 1960AX, which this library based on did a great job in band context, cutting thru the mix, etc...

Did a super short video, to demonstrate how to build up a preset from scratch under one minute, using the Plexi 50W Hi2 & the cabIR.eu MR-AX1960_FOCUS_CAB, played with a ES-335. Have a listen here:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...plexi-cabir-eu-mr-ax1960_focus_cab-ir.128970/

I think, it is just awesome, how fast and easy you can get great tones out of the Axe-Fx today. Tweaks: ZERO! And it sounds not that bad for keeping untouched just everything ... imo ...

Very happy about the great feedback so far! Thank you guys!

Yesterday i tried to capture shortly, what i repeat like "mantra" ... keep it simple: From ZERO to "ready to play" within 43 seconds with the Deluxe Tweed.

Tweaks? ZERO
Guitar used: Strat (SSS)

The Axe-Fx is unreal good these days ... we should all be very thankful about it :)

Pretty cool - Maybe the Tweed should be my project tonight.

My problem with both the Tweed and the Thiele is that while I love both, I try to keep all my live tones strictly British. I use Marshalls and Voxes only (except I sneak in the CAE 3+ preamp for Toto-style stuff, and I sort of count the Wrecker Rocket as a Vox-type as well), so I am probably not going to use these cabs so much. But I definitely appreciate them at home (and who knows, maybe there is another band project in the future, where I may try to take my tones in a different direction.

Back
Top Bottom