What pedalboard are you using?

moffar

Hi guys.

I'm on the lookout for a new pedalboard, and am curious about what you're using. I plan to have the MFC-101 and two EV-1's on my board (to start with), which measures 623,4mm (24,55inch) in width and 291mm (11,46inch) in depth, crammed together, in total, excluding cables. I'd also like it tilted (inclined) and along with a tour (flight) case. What manufacturers/brands are there?

Please share your experiences, suggestions, recommendations, and/or pictures with me.

Cheers.

I've got a PedalTrain, the older one, and it just holds the MFC and two Mission pedals. I don't think I could get 2 EV-1s on it. One, sure. Not two though.

oYZlexP.jpg

You can do pretty well with just a piece of plywood and some rubber feet. The angled MFC doesn't really require a high, angled board. I used to run with this and was pretty happy:

14UgS20.jpg

The case I had for that was stupid heavy though. Redoing it, I'd probably go with a nice Pelican case with wheels maybe and just mount to plywood. Paint the plywood black this time. Simple, effective. Money in the case, not the board (which really just exists to keep things consistently arranged).

I don't run with a board with my AX8 rig -- it's just lose and I love it.

I used to use a Pedaltrain PT-Pro which had plenty of room for my MFC plus two Mission pedals and an FS-6. Now running the AX8 I'm not using a board at all.

No longer an MFC, but I have my AX8 and 2 expression pedals on a Temple Audio Trio 28, which is the perfect size for this setup.

That looks like it'd hold two EV-1s without too much trouble. How do you have everything affixed to it? Did you take the feet off and then thread them through the holes on the board? I dig it.

That looks like it'd hold two EV-1s without too much trouble. How do you have everything affixed to it? Did you take the feet off and then thread them through the holes on the board? I dig it.

I actually had 2 EV-1s on it until recently!

IMG_1145_zpshksjeygv.jpg

Everything is attached using a mixture of the Temple mounting plates and good old velcro :)

Feet removed from AX8 ...

Feet still attached to the expression pedals, which are sat on GloRisers, which allow you to mount on the board without removing the feet. I love this board!

Thanks for your answers, guys! And those are all great pictures.

Both the Pedaltrain and Temple Audio boards look awesome, and I see they both come in quite the different sizes. This should be an easy task. Now for the balance scales.

By the way, where'd you get that clock, @ZenRigs Man? That's a clever idea.

Both the Pedaltrain and Temple Audio boards look awesome, and I see they both come in quite the different sizes. This should be an easy task. Now for the balance scales.

DS Engineering - its called The Chronograph

14UgS20.jpg

The case I had for that was stupid heavy though. Redoing it, I'd probably go with a nice Pelican case with wheels maybe and just mount to plywood. Paint the plywood black this time. Simple, effective. Money in the case, not the board (which really just exists to keep things consistently arranged).

I don't run with a board with my AX8 rig -- it's just lose and I love it.[/QUOTE]

How did you attached the MFC and that Mission pedal in the above picture? This looks like what I'm trying to do.

How did you attached the MFC and that Mission pedal in the above picture? This looks like what I'm trying to do.
I cut pipe hanging strap. One hole you thread through the feet on your pedal, the other whole you use a short screw to attach it to the board. You usually only need 2 lengths per-pedal if they're small and light. Otherwise each corner.

I use a 64x48cm handmade plexiglass pedalboard :D
Of course there are 3m of LEDs inside.
It only took some years to find a bag to carry it in, thanks gator mixerbag
P_20180824_120241.jpg

Back
Top Bottom