The new Misha Mansoor Cab Pack is here... "soon"!

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor

EDIT: The pack is now available here: http://shop.fractalaudio.com/Cab_Pack_ML_USA_Djent_p/fas-801-0036.htm

Here are some clips:

Okay so me and Misha have been talking about a new pack that would have to be a game changer. We wanted something super mean sounding. In your face, a little bit more scooped than we've done before with more bite in the mix. So... if you'd see our studio right now you'd probably think I've lost my mind. I have three identically specced cabs in there. We were so happy with the sound we got for the Periphery III album with Cab Pack 13 that we knew it had to be a 4x12 Mesa cab but we really needed to find the best of the best of the best one out there so I had no choice but to find as many as I possibly could in the best condition with the best speakers. They're all 4x12 Mesas with the better older UK made 70W Mesa V30 speakers in them and the end result was that they all sounded different. Actually surprisingly different! The one we're using for the pack is the meanest sounding Mesa cab I have ever heard.....................

There will be more information on the way soon but right now I just wanted to let everyone know what's up! :)

Last edited:
Funny that you didn't use his new invective peavey 2x12" signature cab that in his own words "sounds better than my Zillas"
Not to be insensitive or anything, but that's usually just marketing hype. Half the time, professionals don't even record with their signature stuff. People gotta pay the bills. :D

There's a lot of Mesa OS IR's going on lately...
Valhall/NY Audio and ML.. I think I wait for this cab pack

Last edited:
Not to be insensitive or anything, but that's usually just marketing hype. Half the time, professionals don't even record with their signature stuff. People gotta pay the bills. :D

I know, i know...Most endorsements just make you to use their stuff "live"...
but the guys from periphery tend to be very honest with what they use live and in the studio.

Yeah the OS Mesa cab is what the IR ultimately comes down to. The one we did for Cab Pack 13 was probably one of the most worn Mesa cabs I've ever seen and for that reason it was very smooth in the high end making it most likely the best all around Cab Pack out there. This pack is not as worn out and still has that Mesa high end bite and scooped mids that IMO is more what I consider to be "the Mesa sound".

The Peavey thing is a bit complicated. First of all it's still similar to the Zilla cab IMO and I'm not interested in making the same pack over and over again, stating "this time it's better" when actually it's the same product and you get nothing new. Even this, a third Mesa 4x12 was originally out of question until we realized that the sound difference between these cabinets can be this big. Second of all there's a conflict of interest for sure.

I totally understand ;)
I was just asking out of curiosity because of the timing of the release of his new signature amp+cab and this IR cabpack with his name on.

Sure. I think nowadays with so much awesome gear out there things are not so black and white. You can like many types of cabs, amps and guitars. F.ex. I've been to Misha's house and although there are many Jackson's lying around and they get used the most, there are also around 30-50 guitars from other manufacturers that are also awesome. He was nice enough to let me play that rare Blackmachine... (PS. There's nothing quite like playing a Blackmachine guitar in front of four of the world's best guitarists after a 6 month break of even touching a guitar. :D )

The Peavey thing is a bit complicated. First of all it's still similar to the Zilla cab IMO and I'm not interested in making the same pack over and over again, stating "this time it's better" when actually it's the same product and you get nothing new. Even this, a third Mesa 4x12 was originally out of question until we realized that the sound difference between these cabinets can be this big. Second of all there's a conflict of interest for sure.

I respect the philosophy behind not wanting to produce "the same pack over and over again stating 'this time it's better,'" as that is primarily a reason why I stopped purchasing a number of cab impulses. It seems pretty hard to avoid the appearance of that here though given it's still the same cab model with the same variation of V30 speakers vs the newer production ones. Even with a different enough sound as you state it will likely have the appearance of being the same only newer and possibly "better" to the masses of which might only be looking at things at face value.

Hard to gauge about the Peavey 2x12 for his sig since it's not released for people to review, but the construction would at least be different from the Zilla as compared to the now 2 Mesa OS 412 cab packs. Pine wood and different dimensions for the Peavey to differentiate it from Zilla. Don't know if wood species makes all that big a difference, but the dimensions along with other things like bracings from the different manufacturers would cause audible differences you'd imagine. If you have been able to hear the Invective cab and then feel it isn't a strong enough difference audibly from Zilla I can understand you giving it a pass. Odd just that it would have more potential variance you'd think than the 2 similar Mesa cabs apart from the whole inescapable variances between 2 similar cabinets and speakers.

Bought these on a whim, was hesitant but definitely glad I did.

Been messing around with them all morning and yo my ears they are different from cab pack 13 (in a good way). If I get some time this weekend I'll try and post a couple clips.

Back
Top Bottom