cabIR.eu is back: VX-CA30TB_BLUE IR library

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
Sometimes it just takes longer. Complete new re-shooting, processing and Cab-Pack building. But now it`s there:
The cabIR.eu VX-CA30TB_BLUE IR library, based on a VOX ™ AC30 / 6 TB from 1995 with 2x12 "VOX ™ Alnico Blue 8Ohm speakers.

tease_VX-CA30TB_BLUE_small.png

The new "focus IR series" has a goal - clarity at all levels. On the technical side, I could keep the signal path even cleaner, the processing further refine. The Cab Pack itself focuses on the best features of the "pro IR series", the good and proven has been expanded. The result is a cab pack structure, which is easier, faster and more targeted to search, without compromising, as far as possible your own mix ambitions - on the contrary!

• cabIR.eu "idealized-NULL-Amp voicing": Mathematical exclusion of any power amp influences
  • cabIR.eu "objective sweet spot method": Microphone positions determined for subjective microphone positions or individual preferences. Clarity!
  • The _QUICKSTART folder with only a few IRs guide you through the characters of the individual microphones or speakers, and the mix paradigms of the FOCUS and MIX-CLASSIC folders.
  • The FOCUS folder: The proven mix paradigm of the "MULTI" IRs of the "pro IR series" was further developed in the new FOCUS IRs. Keywords: Super Balanced IRs. Even more clarity!
  • The MIX-CLASSICS folder: Classic mixes of microphone pairs, such as Shure™ SM57 with Royer Labs™ R-121 or "front" - with "rear" positions.
  • SINGLE-MICS folder: As usual as MPT (time-aligned, minimal phase) and RAW (realphase incl. Authentic pre-delay time), at least 3 positions per microphone and speaker.

Also nice that I could use a Royer R-121 ribbon microphone. After working with this, I slowly understand why it has become the studio standard for the amp acceptance with ribbon microphone mummified. Beautiful part. Not straight linear, but very Amp-likely, has its own character.

The highlight, however, was a very special piece: A Neumann U67 tube-large diaphragm condenser microphone, predecessor of the U87. Freshly maintained by Neumann-Pope Andreas Grosser. Correctly, it was even a U269: Extra shielded for the broadcasting stations and the directional characteristics can be adjusted continuously. Working with this baby was a great experience. Character with no end, and insanely good-natured in positioning. It can hardly be wrong.

In addition, one should not underestimate the very small things: The tiny Neumann KM 184. The small membrane capacitor makes a great sound! I had not thought so. This was also used for the 2 "rear" microphone positions.

For further information, tips, and comments, such as, where and why ... you can get from the USER-GUIDE, or directly on the homepage of the cabIR.eu VX-CA30TB_BLUE IR library.

Have fun ...
Markus

PS.: By the way and not uninteresting to read a comparison on TGP ... even if this was with a IR Mix from that cabinet of the first shooting, nearly a year ago ... never released, because never felt, i was there, where the pack should be. Now it is :)

Last edited:
I bought this a week or two ago, but I haven't played with it until today. I like it a lot. Several of the mixes are very good, but in the end, I really fell in love with the single mic raw phase IRs with MD421 and the U67 mics.

I am very happy with the number of IRs in this pack. Not too many, and all IRs have something to offer.

I bought this a week or two ago, but I haven't played with it until today. I like it a lot. Several of the mixes are very good, but in the end, I really fell in love with the single mic raw phase IRs with MD421 and the U67 mics.

I am very happy with the number of IRs in this pack. Not too many, and all IRs have something to offer.

Thanks Smittefar! And well, yes ... beside the quality of the IRs and mixes, i tried to simplify the packs for the "focus IR series", but without compromising possibilities - in the contrary - expand the good characteristics from the "pro IR series". Happy, you mentioned it! :)

Added about 10 of your cabs from the Core 4 Tone Starter Pack blended in with my existing presets w/cabs and was extremely happy with the results at my gig last night! I didn't want to change my sounds to radically which is why I just added some of your cab sounds to what was there. They really added the missing sound I was looking for! I will have to do some more experimenting when I have time. Definitely worth the price as your cabs seem to add a quality that is missing from my many other purchased IRs.

Back
Top Bottom