antcarrier

Power User
Hi guys!

I have just finished recording my latest tune, which is a hybrid of prog rock and classical music. Featuring fretless guitar and bass, a full orchestra, and a LinnStrument.

All guitar & bass is axe fx, each using far field IRs I captured myself.

It was certainly fun to make. I hope you enjoy :)

Jon

Last edited:
I love this piece.... it's pleasantly refreshing to hear something more progressively creative rather than the same old same old predictable cookie-cutter stuff typically found here in abundance!
Very inspiring scoring!
... Looking forward to hearing more of your music in this vein... Carry on Rocker! :cool:

I like it!

That fretless guitar sounds really, really nice! Great tone, phrasing and note choice.

The far field IRs seem to make me feel like I'm right there with the guitar... It sits very nicely.

As I'm typing the LinnStrument/bass section just kicked in - cool! :)

Hey Jon, I absolutely LOVED that song. It's very rare I listen to a track all the way through here and yours kept me captive. I'd buy an album of this in a second. Is there one available? :D

This is excellent! Thanks for sharing it. As a long time Genesis, Gentle Giant and King Crimson fan I'm always on the lookout for prog stuff. While not in the same vein as the above bands I think your work is very innovative and enjoyable and would like to hear more. Keep up the great work Jonny!

Great great stuff...what fretless are you using..? And I thought I was the only cat here with a Linnstrument..I bought mine directly from Roger Linn at sweetwaters gearfest last year.

Hey Jon, I absolutely LOVED that song. It's very rare I listen to a track all the way through here and yours kept me captive. I'd buy an album of this in a second. Is there one available? :D

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the thought that you would do that. Unfortunately I don't have an album ready yet, although I am working hard on it :)

This is excellent! Thanks for sharing it. As a long time Genesis, Gentle Giant and King Crimson fan I'm always on the lookout for prog stuff. While not in the same vein as the above bands I think your work is very innovative and enjoyable and would like to hear more. Keep up the great work Jonny!

Thanks for the kind words! I will certainly keep at it :)

Great great stuff...what fretless are you using..? And I thought I was the only cat here with a Linnstrument..I bought mine directly from Roger Linn at sweetwaters gearfest last year.

Cheers man! It's a Vigier Surfreter Special. They are great guitars. Good to see there's another Linnstrumentalist here... they are great fun, and very useful tools.

I like it!

That fretless guitar sounds really, really nice! Great tone, phrasing and note choice.

The far field IRs seem to make me feel like I'm right there with the guitar... It sits very nicely.

As I'm typing the LinnStrument/bass section just kicked in - cool! :)

Thanks mate! I do find that far field IRs work especially well in this sort of acoustic ensemble context. The distance makes it seem a bit more like the amp is on the stage with the other instruments, which makes it slot in the mix relatively easily.

[QUOTE="
Cheers man! It's a Vigier Surfreter Special. They are great guitars. Good to see there's another Linnstrumentalist here... they are great fun, and very useful tools.[/QUOTE]

........We must be twin sons of different mothers........I got a Surfreter too...got it off the Vigier NAMM booth a couple years ago...

IMG_0571.JPG
[QUOTE="
Cheers man! It's a Vigier Surfreter Special. They are great guitars. Good to see there's another Linnstrumentalist here... they are great fun, and very useful tools.

........We must be twin sons of different mothers........I got a Surfreter too...got it off the Vigier NAMM booth a couple years ago...[/QUOTE]

View attachment 40587

........We must be twin sons of different mothers........I got a Surfreter too...got it off the Vigier NAMM booth a couple years ago...
[/QUOTE]

Haha that's awesome! Nice looking axe too! I guess fretless guitars and Linnstruments do have a lot in common, with Linnstruments being sort of like a fretless keyboard :)

Is that a triple play harness? I have one of those too! Haven't tried it on the fretless yet though. How does it go on it? Also, I highly recommend u-he synths with the triple play if you haven't tried them already, these seem to be the best plugins for guitar synth that I have tried (per string pitch bends and such in anything except zebra). I didn't actually like the triple play much until I'd tried those.

Killer tune with really tasty, expressive playing.

Thanks mate! :)

Back
Top Bottom