2007-2017: 10 Years with the Axe-Fx

and as long as we've successfully derailed this into Zappaland, Midwesterners and gear/guitarist addicts may consider this weekend a journey to Sweetwater in Fort Wayne Indiana , where not only Dweezil , but former Zappa drummer Terry Bozzio, Eric Johnson, Greg Koch, and a shitload of others will be doing free seminars and concerts...and there are indeed bargains to be had.

https://www.sweetwater.com/gearfest/

I remember that day. I got the call for the Ultra and shouted out my standard for sale and the rest is history. 10 years man...wow
MY intro to FAS started late 2006 when Cliff did a fire sale for the standard at about $900 a pop. I missed it but he got me in the next round early 2007 at the going rate for that time.;)

I remember the $900 sale. By the time I was done hemming and hawing about it, they were gone. Cliff used to post on HRI a bunch. He was revising the firmware fast and furious even then. I remember one day someone asked for an arpeggiator and a day or two later @FractalAudio posted a clip of the new feature - I think it was the end of Pink Floyd - Breathe.

Let me know if you need a place to sleep.
I live 30 minutes from A'dam by train.

I have the same sentiment as yourself. I have followed Cliff and the gang, since the beginning and yearned to own one.
As a disabled Dad of 3, getting one was very difficult, but I finally found my way into an Axe-Fx Ultra and I am content, no gear chasing.
I hear a sound I like and I cop it, simple as that. Love the new Fortin Meshuggah limited amp, so I matched the tone in about
5 minutes, lol. Harder to tweak than the II, and not NEARLY the power, or amps etc... but still damn good! As much as I
NEED a II, I am thankful for my Ultra and I will be patient, until I can find a way to get a II. Love to all, and hope this post is
of some value to someone in my situation or similar.

Thank you for sharing your story and I myself started in 2008 with the Ax-Fx Ultra, then after 3- 4 years switch to Ax-FX II and MFC-101 and now I am extremely happy with AX8. Cliff and the team are phenomenal in with everything they do for the Fractal Community. It's is pleasure to be part of Fractal Audio Systems history. Cheers!

Every modeler I have had in the past, which is ALL of them, from line 6, to the eleven rack and everything in between, all pale in comparison. I used to love my Digitech 2101's and 2120's and I have had several, they sound like ass compared to the Ultra, no lie. The dynamics are there, everything. I can roll off the volume on any amp model and get a clean tone, which used to be debated all the time, I don't get that, but anyway, the Ultra is still as viable an option today as anything. It's up to the USER to learn the gear.

Back
Top Bottom