Running power to FX8

gtrlw

Hey guys,

I just bought an FX8 and am setting up my stage rig. The power chord seems like it may be too short to run back to my amp. What are you guys using to run power to the FX8 or extend the power chord?

Thanks,

Errrr ... :confused:

1) Buy a longer power chord ...
2) Place your amp closer-by ...
3) Use a power strip or extension cord ...
4) Send back your FX8 and ask for a version with a longer power cord

It was a simple question. You don't have to be a dick.

Yek is one of the most helpful people on this Forum. There's practically nobody here who he hasn't offered help to. He's not a dick.
If he'd had a bit more time, he probably would have said this...

Virtually every piece of electronic gear made today uses interchangeable power cables, called IEC cords, that can be purchased practically anyplace. Radio Shack, K-Mart, Amazon... anyplace. They come in different gauges. As long as the one you purchase is the same, or larger gauge (smaller # means larger gauge) you're fine.
So, if you're looking for a longer cable, go to Amazon or Radio Shack, buy one, and use it with confidence. Most pro musicians have several, in different lengths, in case they lose one, or need a different length one.

Yek is one of the most helpful people on this Forum. There's practically nobody here who he hasn't offered help to. He's not a dick.

Virtually every piece of electronic gear made today uses interchangeable power cables, called IEC cords, that can be purchased practically anyplace. Radio Shack, K-Mart, Amazon... anyplace. They come in different gauges. As long as the one you purchase is the same, or larger gauge (smaller # means larger gauge) you're fine.
So, if you're looking for a longer cable, go to Amazon or Radio Shack, buy one, and use it with confidence. Most pro musicians have several, in different lengths, in case they lose one, or need a different length one.

Excellent. Thank you.

I bought a 8-foot black extension cord..............& problem solved. ;)

I run it & all of the other Hum Buster cables back to the amp on the same side & tape them down at each show. I'm never more then 15-feet from my amp at a gig or venue anyways.

X

I'm confused about the "running a power cord back to the amp" part. I'm assuming you just mean because that's where the power strip/conditioner/etc. is?

I was just at Guitar Center yesterday and they have power cords up to like 40' I think.

Amazing what you can get away with depending upon who you are.

To your question, my solution was to use a high quality, rackmount 'power strip'/conditioner and use a 16 AWG 15' extension cord. I have it on the floor near my amp and use other outlets on the power strip for my amp and fan.

I bought a 8-foot black extension cord..............& problem solved. ;)

I run it & all of the other Hum Buster cables back to the amp on the same side & tape them down at each show. I'm never more then 15-feet from my amp at a gig or venue anyways.

X

Thanks X!

I'm confused about the "running a power cord back to the amp" part. I'm assuming you just mean because that's where the power strip/conditioner/etc. is?

I was just at Guitar Center yesterday and they have power cords up to like 40' I think.

I wasn't clear. Yes, that's what I meant. Cool, I will check that out.

Amazing what you can get away with depending upon who you are.

To your question, my solution was to use a high quality, rackmount 'power strip'/conditioner and use a 16 AWG 15' extension cord. I have it on the floor near my amp and use other outlets on the power strip for my amp and fan.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom