NGD ......My First JEM !

bradlake

Axe-Master
IMG_0137.JPG
I got this Team J-Craft -built baby from Reverb several months ago, but it arrived setup horribly and was virtually unplayable..I left it for the season with my friends from Chicago Music Exchange (parent company of Reverb) to see what they could do..picked it up yesterday and after a proper setup it is easily one of the easiest playing and sonically solid of my collection..Im shocked how noiseless the pickups are and the whammy is Vai-worthy indeed (If only my chops were...). ..now my mission is finding some tasty Legacy 2x12 IRs ..ironically, @PerChr just posted earlier today that he is no longer sharing the ones he made..anyone else got any suggestions...?(I found my Celestion 2 x12 G12-65 C works pretty nicely with the Legacy amps)

Hi @bradlake
Great guitar, congrats!
Didn't you download my Legacy CabPack earlier?
You were one of the few who donated, and you have always been very supportive :)
I'll be more than happy to send the CabPack to you via email.
PM me if you don't want to give your email out in public.
Per

Hi @bradlake
Great guitar, congrats!
Didn't you download my Legacy CabPack earlier?
You were one of the few who donated, and you have always been very supportive :)
I'll be more than happy to send the CabPack to you via email.
PM me if you don't want to give your email out in public.
Per
thanks Per, I thought i did, but i'm old and stupid, and have multiple Axe-Fx setups in different states..and I get confused sometimes..:confused:

AAARRGGH....I have created another money-sucking obsession for myself....I think I want to start collecting JEMs.....more to come............

Brad check the heel joint where the neck and body come together. Do you have a fine crack in the paint? Its seams this has been a issue in the past. Paint flaw I guess. Mine has it (08). Just curious.

Brad check the heel joint where the neck and body come together. Do you have a fine crack in the paint? Its seams this has been a issue in the past. Paint flaw I guess. Mine has it (08). Just curious.
Pretty much every Ibanez has these stress cracks in the finish.. Cosmetic only, but you'd think after 30+ years they would figure it out!

Pretty much every Ibanez has these stress cracks in the finish.. Cosmetic only, but you'd think after 30+ years they would figure it out!
I have a 540s from 95 and I don't think I noticed. I will now look.. oops 93 just looked up and no hair lines.

Last edited:
I am eyeing a mint 88 shocking pink 777 that has no stress cracks or apparent flaws of any kind..(famous last words)...my recently revived 2005 has a bit...

I am also interested in the recent Woody that Steve commissioned then was released..anybody see the great video about the making of It?? Here 'tis.

The 88 Jem SK777 I'm considering is claimed to be collector -grade...and it ain't cheap..but my birthday is in two days and Iam weak with the GAS.

Back
Top Bottom