Moke's 'Clean to Mean' Pack 1 - Demo Video Added!

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
New product in the store..... Mokes' 'Clean to Mean' Pack #1
For firmware 8.02. 128 presets $19.99 (introductory sale price)
http://www.custompresets.com/store/p129/'Clean_To_Mean'_Pack_#1_-_'Axe-Fx_II'.html

I have started on this pack several times (after getting the okay from Matt), but a new firmware would come out each time before I could finish it. Then 'Cliff' put out a new Bank A for 8.00, then 8.01. So, I started all over again..........This time I finished it!

This bank is comprised of the latest 128 'Factory' (Bank A) presets that have been edited to use 4-scenes arranged in a “clean to mean” configuration. They are all setup using the same methodology to make adjusting the individual scenes for your preferences easier.

'Scene Controller #1' is used to control the amount of drive or 'Dirt' in each scene. 'Scene Controller #2' is used to control the volume in each scene. I have set all of the 'Damping' parameters in the controller attachments to '100 ms'. This makes the transitions between scenes 'Morph' between the various 'Dirt' and 'Volume' settings.

Scene 1 - Lowest drive (original tone on the clean presets)
Scene 2 - Mid drive
Scene 3 - Highest drive (original tone on the dirty presets)
Scene 4 – Solo, adds volume boost via 'Scene Controller #2' (in most cases, adds Drive and Delay blocks)

Having four scenes with different 'drive' settings makes the Factory presets much more usable right out of the box.

Includes a 'Future Update' link and a 'Mini Manual' to explain exactly where to adjust the 'Drive' and 'Volume' levels for each scene, for your guitar and tastes.

Last edited:
For this pack, I decided to adjust as little as possible to preserve the original tones. I limited my possible edits to........

1. The Cab block 'Low' and 'High' cuts.

2. The Amp block 'Bass' cut.

3. Added a 'Y' state to the 'Rotary' block for a slower speed option.

4. Set the 'Reverb' block 'Quality' to 'Normal' when needed.

5. Removed the 'Multi-Delay' block to make room for an additional block.

6. The addition of a 'Drive' or 'Delay' block if one was not present. (copied from another similar 'Factory' preset)

7. The addition of a 'Filter' block (with one or more parameters attached to 'Scene Controller #1') used for gain and/or pre-EQ adjustments on Amp models that needed it.

Did you leave the ir's the same as done by Cliff or do you use one of your custom ir's. Good idea by the way to do something like that for playing straight ou of the box. ;)

Last edited:
I will buy your pack sonn very soon.only to be back home..just one simple Q :
I am NOT using any pedalvolume or anything else..will iti work for me or I have to disable certain blocks..Its ok doing this ?
I'm waitting for an answer and congrats to all your hard work.( until now I bought all of your work..keep them comin' )

excellent just grabbed the cleans & means, looking forward to playing with them. Perfect timing as I was about to trawl through the redone bank A presets to check out the good ones, but now I will use Mokes versions as I have pretty much made up all my go to sounds up from his & Fremens patches... awesome work that is worth every penny, time is money they say & these two chaps has saved me a gazillion hours in messing about trying to find the sounds I need! cheers

Did you leave the ir's the same as done by Cliff or do you use one of your custom ir's. Good idea by the way to do something like that for playing straight ou of the box. ;)
Thanks Tony,
Same Cab IRs. The idea was to make it super simple to use. No IRs to load, 4 scenes with different (volume compensated) 'Drive' levels. The presets themselves are volume matched too. So they work right out of the box.

Of course. you are free to substitute any IR that you wish.:cool:

Last edited:
I will buy your pack sonn very soon.only to be back home..just one simple Q :
I am NOT using any pedalvolume or anything else..will iti work for me or I have to disable certain blocks..Its ok doing this ?
I'm waitting for an answer and congrats to all your hard work.( until now I bought all of your work..keep them comin' )
The only 'External Controller' attachment is the 'Factory' one to the 'Wah' (when present). But it defaults to 'bypassed' if no pedal is connected. So you are good to go!

excellent just grabbed the cleans & means, looking forward to playing with them. Perfect timing as I was about to trawl through the redone bank A presets to check out the good ones, but now I will use Mokes versions as I have pretty much made up all my go to sounds up from his & Fremens patches... awesome work that is worth every penny, time is money they say & these two chaps has saved me a gazillion hours in messing about trying to find the sounds I need! cheers
Thanks for the kind words @chris5150. :D

Hi Moke, just going through your pack. I am just curious: Is it correct that scene controller#1 is in most presets connected to Input Trim and not to Drive Level in Amp Block?

Greetings from sunny Bavaria

Chris

Hi Moke, just going through your pack. I am just curious: Is it correct that scene controller#1 is in most presets connected to Input Trim and not to Drive Level in Amp Block?

Greetings from sunny Bavaria

Chris
Yes, I used several different methods, and tried them all with each preset. 'Scene Controller #1 is controlling from 1 to 4 parameters, depending on the Amp model. Time consuming, but worth it. (I hope;))

In most cases, the 'Input Trim' yielded the best results (similar to rolling back your guitars volume knob). Most amps (and their models) have circuitry that changes the tone as the 'Input Drive' is adjusted. I liked these changes in some cases, and didn't in others.

Some presets use one of the 'High Gain' models, or a model of the 'Lead' channel from the amp that it models. Most of these models obviously do not completely clean up very easily (or at all?). Some of these have gain reduction happening in up to 3 places as well as some EQ changes, all attached to 'Scene Controller' #1 with the 'Min', 'Max'. and 'Mid' settings at the best settings that I could find.

The adjustment of this 1 knob (Scene Controller #1) moves you through the entire 'Usable' range of possible 'Drive' variations of that particular Amp model.

Last edited:
Yes, I used several different methods, and tried them all with each preset. 'Scene Controller #1 is controlling from 1 to 4 parameters, depending on the Amp model. Time consuming, but worth it. (I hope;))

In most cases, the 'Input Trim' yielded the best results (similar to rolling back your guitars volume knob). Most amps (and their models) have circuitry that changes the tone as the 'Input drive is adjusted. I liked these changes in some cases, and didn't in others.

Some presets use one of the 'High Gain' models, or a model of the 'Lead' channel from the amp that it models. Most of these models obviously do not completely clean up very easily (or at all?). Some of these have gain reduction happening in up to 3 places as well as some EQ changes, all attached to 'Scene Controller' #1 with the 'Min', 'Max'. and 'Mid' settings at the best settings that I could find.

The adjustment of this 1 knob (Scene Controller #1) moves you through the entire 'Usable' range of possible 'Drive' variations of that particular Amp model.
WOW! Now I get it. Incredible Work! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom