Can you control an Axe Fx 2 with a FX8 or AX8?

Ant Music

Fractal Fanatic
I'm guessing it's a no. I wonder if this is likely to be a possibility or not. Ideally if it could send PC and CC that'd be all you'd need to change patches and scenes.

Axe8 only sends PC and no CC which is a big limitation.

FX8 sends both PC and CC but only one per scene.

So you could actually control an Axe Fx 2 with an AX8 but only selecting presets and scenes. That's pretty good still.I'm very surprised they haven't made it possible to do more.

So you could actually control an Axe Fx 2 with an AX8 but only selecting presets and scenes. That's pretty good still.I'm very surprised they haven't made it possible to do more.

Correct it will control the presets (not sure about scenes)

I asked support about more midi support for the Axe8 and it is not anywhere on there road map. My guess is it would increase CPU utilization which CPU power is scarce with the Axe8.

Geez really. Sending a simple midi message can' be too taxing...

My thoughts exactly. Personally I could do with a few less amp models for more basic midi capability.

In all fairness thought when the Axe8 was released it was never touted as a midi controller at all. It was designed for a more straightforward solution to satisfy the average player.

I need more functionality though so I just bought a Axe XL and a Liquid Foot Jr. 12+ which will do what I need and then some. I plan to keep my Axe8 though for those quick grab and go gigs where I need more simplicity.

Fair enough. Sounds like a nice little collection you've got. Good luck with the Liquid Foot. I've struggled like a bitch with mine. There have been some recent improvements which has helped.

Back
Top Bottom