Axechange needs a revamp and some TLC!

ralphonz

Inspired
I've always liked the idea of Axechange but it's not really a very nice website and it's dreadful to use.

Any chance we might see a re-vamp in the future? A better way to browse presets would be nice, offering tags such based on timbre/effect (i.e. clean, distorted, crunch, synth, bright, dark, classic amp etc...) as well as genre and artist, and providing a nice UI to browse those tags would probably see Axechange become a lot more useful! It seems like it'd be great to have more sharing of presets in this community as well as having a place where they could all easily be found but exchange always seems a bit dead to me.

Problem with subjective terms like "bright' or "dark" is what I think might be bright, based on my guitars, pickups, monitor source, and what you might think is bright can be totally different things

Same goes for genre, what sounds crushing with active pups might be edge of breakup with some vintage SC's

Problem with subjective terms like "bright' or "dark" is what I think might be bright, based on my guitars, pickups, monitor source, and what you might think is bright can be totally different things

Same goes for genre, what sounds crushing with active pups might be edge of breakup with some vintage SC's

Yeah, thats true but having some tags is at least more helpful than having none isn't it, even if you don't agree 100% with them it can help you find stuff more easily.

I think the sharing preset thing is almost dead. All is see is buy my presets..buy my presets.
I dont get it.. (i dont)
FAS gives us free FW,free IR`s free presets.. and some guys go..buy my presets.

I like the idea of helping others,and not charging for presets. But thats just me
Sharing is.. caring

Anyho.. 85 % of the presets on Axe Change,is to loud,no IR file in the Preset (user IR) just sounds bad..to gainy..
But i like to have Axe Change :) Dont get me wrong

I think the sharing preset thing is almost dead. All is see is buy my presets..buy my presets.
I dont get it.. (i dont)

I like the idea of helping others,and not charging for presets. But thats just me
Sharing is.. caring

Anyho.. 85 % of the presets on Axe Change,is to loud,no IR file in the Preset (user IR) just sounds bad..to gainy..
+1000

I dont get it.. (i dont)

Sharing is.. caring

That's not just you.

Back
Top Bottom