Axe Ultra Tones

Nice tones! I just bought a used axe fx ultra, and i take the output through jack cables and into my soundcard(scarlett 2i2). But I can't get it to work with axe-edit. What am I doing wrong?

edit: oh, looks like what I need to do is get a midi-interface. nevermind

Pulled the old workhorse out for a spin and decided to record a video showcasing some of the tones on offer. Still sounds great after all these years.

Great demo. Some nice sounds going on there...

Ya know the Uber was a REALLY good sounding model on the Ultra. It doesn't seem to be as much of a stand out on the II. It may be more accurate on the II; but it was killer all the way around on the Ultra and was such a work horse for so many types of sounds.

That 5150 also got a lot of love, that one can just rip off faces at will... people seem to ignore it on II also. To be fair, though, I think the II's PV models sound as good/better, there is just more choice there.

But the Ultra Uber had a certain something for me.

Great demo. Some nice sounds going on there...

Ya know the Uber was a REALLY good sounding model on the Ultra. It doesn't seem to be as much of a stand out on the II. It may be more accurate on the II; but it was killer all the way around on the Ultra and was such a work horse for so many types of sounds.

That 5150 also got a lot of love, that one can just rip off faces at will... people seem to ignore it on II also. To be fair, though, I think the II's PV models sound as good/better, there is just more choice there.

But the Ultra Uber had a certain something for me.

I couldn't agree more! I'd love to see an "Ultra Uber" model in the II, in the same way the Thordendal and DAS Metal models were retained.

2 quick questions. Why did you put an FX-Loop that way and why did you put the delay in a different chain like that? What changes in the sound?

upload_2017-5-16_23-3-31.png

2 quick questions. Why did you put an FX-Loop that way and why did you put the delay in a different chain like that? What changes in the sound?

View attachment 39850
FX loop is so I can get run to a power amp and guitar cab as well as using the DI outs on the Axe to FOH. Fx out goes to amp/cab (no cab sim) while out 1 goes to FOH (with cab sim).

Delay in parallel so I can turn it off and on without the overall output changing. They fixed the delay gain structure in the axe-2 so you don't have to do this.

Thanks a lot for your response, I really like your tones, I'm very pleased with my Ultra as well. Gathering some money for an AX8 and I'll be really sad when I sell my Ultra. Great sounds, even to this day.

Thanks a lot for your response, I really like your tones, I'm very pleased with my Ultra as well. Gathering some money for an AX8 and I'll be really sad when I sell my Ultra. Great sounds, even to this day.
The AX8 is a very different beast but it's so easy to dial in tones and is such a satisfying unit to use. Also, I love the quote in your signature!

Thanx!!! \m/
I've got an Axe Fx 2 XL+ recently, but I still have an Ultra... and it still sound really good!

EDIT: BTW, in which OH pack this cab is (OH 412 MES V30 CHUNK)? I have some OH packs and I didn't find it.

EDIT2: Which cabs do you use into User Cabs Slots? Maybe I have some here! Thanks again!

Last edited:
Thanx!!! \m/
I've got an Axe Fx 2 XL+ recently, but I still have an Ultra... and it still sound really good!

EDIT: BTW, in which OH pack this cab is (OH 412 MES V30 CHUNK)? I have some OH packs and I didn't find it.

EDIT2: Which cabs do you use into User Cabs Slots? Maybe I have some here! Thanks again!
Heavy Hitters Collection. From memory I put them in user slot 6 and 9.

The AX8 is a very different beast but it's so easy to dial in tones and is such a satisfying unit to use. Also, I love the quote in your signature!

Oh I just saw you're Ragdoll's guitarist! Great songs Leon, with very polished and well thought sound as well! No wonder why your Ultra sounded so good! :D

I'm a big Yngwie fan amongst others and I like this quote of his, more good sounds, more playing, more music in general.

Back
Top Bottom