Assign booster and delay to F3 switch (Not a Bug)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody! I just received my AX8 yesterday.:)

I've been out of the Axe world for a long time (used the Standard for a few years when it came out), sometimes have borrowed a XL from a friend to do some recordings, but now, at last, I've got my AX8.:sunglasses:

I've been trying to assign some kind of booster and delay to the F3 switch, that's the way I usually do it with my Boss GT100, but haven't succeeded. Is it possible, or do I have to use the witch number 4 for that?

Thanks in advance!;)

I started a "wish" thread for this a little while back. A global boost that could be assigned to a foot switch , F switch or external switch would be really useful.

I use the top row for 4 scenes (5-8) and then F2 to trigger S1/S2 for solo boost (both are the same) so it's a consistent row with 5 options. I then use the lower row for instant FX access.

I use the top row for 4 scenes (5-8) and then F2 to trigger S1/S2 for solo boost (both are the same) so it's a consistent row with 5 options. I then use the lower row for instant FX access.
Yeah, that was mi idea but with F3 instead of F2, good to know it works for you. I'll give it a try, thanks.

Finally, I assigned delay and eq (as a booster) to Control Switch 1, and Control Switch 1 to switch number 4.

Still can't find a good use for F3...:neutral:

Trying to do this with F1, F2 and F3, but even though it works going from S1 to S2 and viceversa, the led is always off, and it shouldn't be, at least that's what the manual says about F-Switches:

SCENE 1/2 TOGGLE
Switches between Scene 1 and Scene 2.
The F-switch LED is off for Scene 1 and on for Scene 2.

When I assign S1/S2 toggle to switches 1 to 8, the green light works when, but not with the F switches. Does it happen to you, too?

EDIT: just found that this is a bug, still can't understand that the best floor processor ever has a footswitch that doesn't work. Even the led of any 20 € chinese pedal works...

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm sure those little green men working at FAS are from another planet. Otherwise, it's impossible to understand how they can make this little black thing sound the way it does.;)

I received my AX8 four days ago with the latest official firmware installed (7.01). I know the 8.00 is out there, but being beta, I guess I should wait until the official 8.00 or 8.01 is out? Or not?

Anyway, it would be great if this F3 switch light get fixed, thanks in advance!:)

Yes, wait until the final firmware is released.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stupid new user question: How do I setup the top row to do scenes while keeping the bottom row for toggling effects, like you're doing?

That sounds really useful.

Stupid new user question: How do I setup the top row to do scenes while keeping the bottom row for toggling effects, like you're doing?

That sounds really useful.
Very easy with AX8 Edit: go to footswitches, and assign each of them globaly or per preset to any function you want. Done!

Very easy with AX8 Edit: go to footswitches, and assign each of them globaly or per preset to any function you want. Done!
Wow, thanks, I totally missed the existence of that menu.

Got it set up just how I want it now- one row to select scenes 1-4, and the other to select individual effects. Perfect!

Wow, thanks, I totally missed the existence of that menu.

Got it set up just how I want it now- one row to select scenes 1-4, and the other to select individual effects. Perfect!

Yep .. and I use S5-8 so the leds are the same as the buttons :)

The wonderful thing about upgradeable firmware is that bugs can be fixed :)
Fractal Audio's engineers do amazing things... Like you, I too sometimes find it hard to remember they're actually human!
I've just updated to V8.02 and F3 led still doesn't work when going from S1 to S2.:neutral:

Don't think that's a big deal as you still can see the S1 and S2 red leds lit when they're selected. Never noticed the F3 led..
Not a big deal but a bug I thought it would be solved in this firmware, just like the manual says:

SCENE 1/2 TOGGLE

Not a big deal but a bug I thought it would be solved in this firmware, just like the manual says:

SCENE 1/2 TOGGLE
The LED's on the Function Switches indicate a mode change on the AX8. The SCENE 1/2 TOGGLE function does not actually put the AX8 in different MODE, therefore the LED is unaffected. I'll ask the documentation folks to fix the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom