Axe Edit constant crashes

Holyoli

Experienced
Since I have updated to FW 8.01 and Axe edit 3.14.1, I have communication time out messages (a few by hours). I had no problem before that.
The cpu level of the patch doesn't change anything : axe edit crashes, cab lab crashes..., the only solution is to swich off the axe-fx II and to try again. Most of the time the axe edit program can't be swiched off without going through the task manager (I'm on windows 7).

Question to my fractal forum friends, am I the only one ?

Thanks

Since I have updated to FW 8.01 and Axe edit 3.14.1, I have communication time out messages (a few by hours). I had no problem before that.
The cpu level of the patch doesn't change anything : axe edit crashes, cab lab crashes..., the only solution is to swich off the axe-fx II and to try again. Most of the time the axe edit program can't be swiched off without going through the task manager (I'm on windows 7).

Question to my fractal forum friends, am I the only one ?

Thanks

No mate, you're not the only one. Swing over to this thread https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...t-a-new-usb-driver.127341/page-2#post-1515213 and you'll see a bunch of people complaining about the same issue. It happened to me as well out of the blue. Never had issues with Axe-Edit / Axe-fx 2. It seems to be happening with Q8.

I've been having the same issue basically since the update. I'll just be using AE just fine and then it times out. Try to reconnect and it says something about version information cannot be queried I think. I've uninstalled and updated both AE and the drivers. Just today I tried 4 different USB cables and it's happened with each one I use. I'm on Mac Sierra 10.12.4. I really don't think mine is an issue with the USB port because each time I disconnect and reconnect a USB cable it links up with Logic each time, immediately.

Maybe, it's a firmware problem.
Restarting Axe-Edit and/or disconnecting & reconnecting the USB-cable doesn't fix the problem.
Only restarting the AxeFx itself helps to reconnect with Axe-Edit.

I also have seen, that working with the Output-block/scene-volume page in Axe-Edit
produced the connection failure very often, when trying to store the preset.
But that would/could be an argument for a problem in Axe-Edit.

I'm working with macOS Sierra, firmware Q8.01, Axe-Edit 3.14.1.

It's the first time after a lot of Axe-Edit and firmware versions, that I have
midi-connection problems.

Yesterday I did a clean reinstall of the last usb drivers (mine were still 1.67 without any problem till now). So far so good, it's seems to work, with axe edit and cab lab working altogether again.

Yesterday I did a clean reinstall of the last usb drivers (mine were still 1.67 without any problem till now). So far so good, it's seems to work, with axe edit and cab lab working altogether again.
For macOS, there is still version 1.67 on the run.
For Windows version 06.06.2014.
So this are the last drivers.

Maybe, it's an option to reinstall the driver.
But it doesn't make sense, because i.e. my macOS hasn't got any change, since the last firmware- and Axe-Edit versions have been published.
So the driver should work as ever.

Well... this evening I played a few hours with cab lab and axe edit. First sending ir's with the cab lab browser to axe edit, no problem. Then in live mode, I tried the buffer settings I had before (low latency / 256 samples) and here we go again, multiples crashes with time out messages...
So updating the usb drivers didn't fix anything. Boring...

I am new to Axe Fx, only used it a month before this crashing software update, but since that I am unable to tweak my presets because the communication is just disrupting after few minutes of work.

Does anyone know if the officials mention any release date of the bugged update? Thank!

After I sent mine in for repairs I borrowed my friends AxeFX, updated it to 8.01 and tried to build a preset from scratch to get the CPU usage up to around 80%. I got it to disconnect constantly from axe edit.

Back
Top Bottom