First notes on the AX8 [+ patch download]

ProgressiveRocco

Power User
What's up dudes! :cool:
I usually tend to stick to 3 main sounds on my AxeFx2:
1) an ultra-clean tone with no breakup at all
2) a crunch tone for classic rock/bluesy type stuff
3) a full on, balls to the wall, Marshall-flavored hi-gain tone
I literally dialed these sounds in on my new AX8 in less than an hour, so damn intuitive. I wanted to stick to factory cabs for these so what you hear is 100% AX8 going straight into a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 and into Cubase, no post processing.

Have fun with these! (fw V7.01) :)

Attachments

• BE100.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2,234
  • Studio Clean.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2,051
  • Vintage Plexi.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2,017
Wow very nice tones man!

A note for mark users:
Studio Clean preset uses factory cab 143 as CabL: 2x12 Bog-Sh Fn-42 Mix (OH)
Our beloved marks only have 132 factory cab slots so if you convert this preset with fractool you will find that cabL will be shifted to user's slot 11 because of this, but don't panic, you can find this IR in the "Ultrares Samples" folder inside the firmware download RAR file for mark users. You can load this into the axe and point the cab block in the right direction.

A similar thing happens with BE100 preset, CabR uses factory cab 147: 4x12 Mar-Cb M-BB-55 Mix (OH)
In this case CabR will shift to user's slot 15, but the "UltraRes Samples" folder has the cure

Last edited:
This is fantastic. Rocco, you are one of the reasons I took the Fractal plunge. You're Unchained video is stellar along with this one. I'm glad that you picked up an AX8 too.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's up dudes! :cool:
I usually tend to stick to 3 main sounds on my AxeFx2:
1) an ultra-clean tone with no breakup at all
2) a crunch tone for classic rock/bluesy type stuff
3) a full on, balls to the wall, Marshall-flavored hi-gain tone
I literally dialed these sounds in on my new AX8 in less than an hour, so damn intuitive. I wanted to stick to factory cabs for these so what you hear is 100% AX8 going straight into a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 and into Cubase, no post processing.

Have fun with these! (fw V7.01) :)

Wow - you rock. Great patches and better playing.

Back
Top Bottom