Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.00 Firmware Release

Is it true I should unplug all midi cables before updating? I know I read that once, thanks.

Yes (I read that too). I always unplug the MIDI cable that connects my GCP to the Axe-Fx before updating. There have been a couple of times when I forgot to unplug it and the update failed.

This seems to happen about every 3rd FW. The 1st night I'm underwhelmed. And I've been told very many times that the final FW is the same modeling as the beta, but for some reason the final product seems quite a bit more 'even' than the beta. Probably all in my head.

There were some adjustments for sure. This is a 'clarity' update, and some of my presets seemed almost brittle. Added compression in the form of motor drive, and even some gain on a few amps. Needed to bump up my cab lowcut a bit more.

But my Bonamassa patch killed on 'Sloe Gin' with no adjustments. And I don't know what it is with my Plexi50 patch, it's the only one that I never change from update to update, and it slays me every time still.

My cab block won't show delay parametes to 0.001 ms resolution. I tried with reseting and deleting cab block.

And thanks for new update.

When I set preamp hardness to 10.00 in Q8.00 it sounds closest to 7.02. Just in case you want closer to 7.02, give that a try.
Preamp hardness and poweramp hardness are great tools.

I have the EC Vibro Champ. It's awesome! Gets swallowed by a rock drummer of course, but it's great for bringing out to the backyard or on vacation.

The Marshall Plexi 50 Jump is crazy good, I played power chords for an hour straight last night. Its just so crunchy and right feeling and sounding. Cliff and the Fractal team are killing it so hard right now, were going beyond what tube amps are capable of.

Is the greater percentage of Axe-Fx customers using a traditional cabinet? If not, the minority has been catered to over the majority (?)

Is the greater percentage of Axe-Fx customers using a traditional cabinet? If not, the minority has been catered to over the majority (?)

The new default doesn't get in the way of anyone (it's an enhancement, not a necessity), while the previous default (0.5) seriously degraded the sound when combined with a traditional cab.

Don't be mistaken, there are a LOT of players out there using a traditional cab, or a mix of FR and a traditional cab. Including me.

Back
Top Bottom