"Surfing with Satch" Andy Black(sugar)

klaushouz

Experienced
...BEHOLD...If you haven't heard yet.....Andee Black(Sugar) has covered' the ENTIRE "Surfing with the Alien" CD for its' 30 anniversary. It is called "Surfin With Satch" And he did THE ENTIRE PRODUCTION in 5 DAYS(WITH NO WHAMMY BAR) and a bass with no D string. I know a lot of pros in Biz. Very few could have pulled this off. It's on Bandcamp. You know the drill... listen, name your price, and BUY IT !!

Last edited:
Just in... If you donate(pay) $15 or more for the download, Andy will dropbox you the backing tracks for free!

Ya, I paid and downloaded it and got the backing tracks. Andee did an amazing job. I have an Amplifire as a backup to my AX8. Great little unit. Small enough to fit in my gig bag in case of an emergency. Sure would like Andee's presets he used for the recording. LOL!

Andy did an awesome job! I just don't understand why he did it.

PS: Does he pay royalties to Joe at least? If not, I am out!

Hi Bishop, I also have a AmpliFIRE as a back up for my Ax Fx 2. It's a great piece of kit. The presets used on the recording are, Dirt>>>Unlawful Carnal. Clean>>> Spanky. They are off the AA12 factory download. Just go on the Atomic forum. I will not post them here for obvious reasons.

Hey everyone, thanks for the compliments! For the record, I covered Surfing With The Alien because obviously I love the album - the idea was nothing more than a crazy whim that I followed through on (in a very short period of time, which indicates the level of my enthusiasm). Realizing that this year is Surfing's 30th anniversary just made it seem more 'kismet'.

It's a FREE download. However on Bandcamp you can donate a few bucks with any free download, which many customers have kindly done. One such person asked if I'd consider making the backing tracks available and I thought that was a good idea - so I sent them to anyone who donated $15 or more. (Obviously these backing tracks are only of interest to certain guitar players, so it's not like there's a major demand for them).

Back
Top Bottom