AxeLive Update

Hey guys, AxView is now AxFxView because an unrelated app out there has the same name.

A new version 1.2.01 is now available and includes a new feature. Set Lists! you can create songs and assign a preset to each song, also assign a BPM to the song so it's sent when the song is loaded.

AxFxView has a new url https://www.roxxxtar.com/axfxview

YOU WILL HAVE TO REMOVE THE PREVIOUS VERSION FROM YOUR COMPUTER BEFORE YOU INSTAL AxFxView

New in 1.2.01

• App has been renamed to AxFxView, Please remove the previous version and instal this one.
  • Code base has been Greatly Improved
  • NEW Set List Mode!
  • Set List: You can create songs and assign them to presets with an optional BPM
  • Set List: You can create sets and assign songs to songs to them
  • Set List: Click on a Song to change to the preset assigned to your song
  • Set List: If a BPM is assigned to the song, the BPM will be sent to your device after the preset change
  • Set List: Use your computer keyboard arrows to scroll thru set list songs, hit enter to go to the preset
  • Set List: Use an External MIDI Controller to scroll thru the songs and engage them
  • Set List: Import/Export set lists.
  • External MIDI Controllers have been redone, if you used them before you will have to reassign them
  • Ext Contr: can now be freely assigned a MIDI channel, message type, parameter, data
  • Ext Contr: now have a learn function
  • Ext Contr: can now be assigned to Block Bypass
  • Ext Contr: can now be assigned to Block X/Y
  • Ext Contr: can be assigned to Set List Scroll and Confirm
  • Toolbar size has been increased for better visibility
  • New Keyboard icon on tool bar, when active you can press key numbers 1 thru 8 to chance scenes, Ctrl/Cmd + key numbers to switch presets (AX8 Only)
  • New Advanced Settings section (accesible via Gear icon on the left of the toolbar)
  • Advanced Section includes Preset Offset, Real preset number options and option to SAVE presets, also Data Import/Export and other options
  • SAVE button will turn yellow if the preset has been edited
  • Scene Names have been reworked for import/export functionality, previously named scenes will no be used
  • New Tuner Icon
  • Fixed bugs when tuner is engaged and preset is changed
View attachment 39166
Hello! Any chance to translate this awesome tool for iOS and be able to display it over an iPad.

This is so cool - I just bought a thank you from you - And I want to send my thanks the other way as well :)

Hey guys, AxView is now AxFxView because an unrelated app out there has the same name.

A new version 1.2.01 is now available and includes a new feature. Set Lists! you can create songs and assign a preset to each song, also assign a BPM to the song so it's sent when the song is loaded.

AxFxView has a new url https://www.roxxxtar.com/axfxview

YOU WILL HAVE TO REMOVE THE PREVIOUS VERSION FROM YOUR COMPUTER BEFORE YOU INSTAL AxFxView

New in 1.2.01

• App has been renamed to AxFxView, Please remove the previous version and instal this one.
  • Code base has been Greatly Improved
  • NEW Set List Mode!
  • Set List: You can create songs and assign them to presets with an optional BPM
  • Set List: You can create sets and assign songs to songs to them
  • Set List: Click on a Song to change to the preset assigned to your song
  • Set List: If a BPM is assigned to the song, the BPM will be sent to your device after the preset change
  • Set List: Use your computer keyboard arrows to scroll thru set list songs, hit enter to go to the preset
  • Set List: Use an External MIDI Controller to scroll thru the songs and engage them
  • Set List: Import/Export set lists.
  • External MIDI Controllers have been redone, if you used them before you will have to reassign them
  • Ext Contr: can now be freely assigned a MIDI channel, message type, parameter, data
  • Ext Contr: now have a learn function
  • Ext Contr: can now be assigned to Block Bypass
  • Ext Contr: can now be assigned to Block X/Y
  • Ext Contr: can be assigned to Set List Scroll and Confirm
  • Toolbar size has been increased for better visibility
  • New Keyboard icon on tool bar, when active you can press key numbers 1 thru 8 to chance scenes, Ctrl/Cmd + key numbers to switch presets (AX8 Only)
  • New Advanced Settings section (accesible via Gear icon on the left of the toolbar)
  • Advanced Section includes Preset Offset, Real preset number options and option to SAVE presets, also Data Import/Export and other options
  • SAVE button will turn yellow if the preset has been edited
  • Scene Names have been reworked for import/export functionality, previously named scenes will no be used
  • New Tuner Icon
  • Fixed bugs when tuner is engaged and preset is changed
View attachment 39166

Thanks mate, nice surprise. Can't wait to try the new features!

Hi there, firts of all, thanks for your job, only one question, (in my poor english...), I don´t know what is happening and maybe is only me, I run this new update and when I try to edit something I lose sound and I need to restart my Ax8, I have RME babyface and I didn´t have problems with previous version

thanks in advance

Well this is fantastic! Love all these new tools we have now. I'm finding each tool (Axe-edit, FracPad, and now AxFxView) makes me use my axe-fx/ax-8 in different creative ways. Donation sent :)

Last edited:
Is there any way to trigger the virtual 8 IAs so that they turn on the FX assigned to that IA.

Also, what does "Load Default Settings" do? Does it reset the Front panel PBMT Gain or reset the advanced parameters like you do after a firmware update?

Hi there, firts of all, thanks for your job, only one question, (in my poor english...), I don´t know what is happening and maybe is only me, I run this new update and when I try to edit something I lose sound and I need to restart my Ax8, I have RME babyface and I didn´t have problems with previous version

thanks in advance

That's very odd, can you unplug the RME and try it again, make sure the preset has sound before opening axfxview and make sure AX8-edit is not running

You can already do that. Click on they little square in the bottom left corner of the block.

Bug report(small): (win 10) I pinned the program to the task bar, but in the task bar the app name shows up as "electron"

Should be fixed for the next version.

Really love the program. What is weird if i change certain parameters via Axe-edit, i don't hear much difference a lot of the time, but with Axfxview i do hear substantial differences(at least between min, half and max values).

Is there any way to trigger the virtual 8 IAs so that they turn on the FX assigned to that IA.
I'm no sure what you mean by that, can you be more specific?

Also, what does "Load Default Settings" do? Does it reset the Front panel PBMT Gain or reset the advanced parameters like you do after a firmware update?

Load default settings is equivalent to whe you right click on a block on ax8-edit and then you navigate to Edit > Reset Current Effect Type, it resets the blocks current X/Y state to the default parameters for that effect type.

Really love the program. What is weird if i change certain parameters via Axe-edit, i don't hear much difference a lot of the time, but with Axfxview i do hear substantial differences(at least between min, half and max values).

next time you notice that happen with a certain parameter let me know what block and what parameter it is so i can make sure that the knob is not sending the wrong values, it should be pretty solid tho

Under the Front Panel Amp display, you can see what FX the IAs are assigned to - example, Drive, Chorus, Phaser, Delay, Reverb, X/Y. All in ovals with each FX having as Asterisk; however, there doesn't seem to be a way to turn on/off FX except by clicking the Block below the IA display. Any way to implement the ability to turn on/of the IAs via the AxFXview?

As for the parameter switches, that was actually a compliment. I can actually hear differences where with Ax-edit, changing parameters didn't effect the sound that much - even at extreme settings.

With your program - turn a knob and i hear a difference. Now whether i can say one setting is better than another is impossible for me. Everything sounds pretty good to my ears.

Under the Front Panel Amp display, you can see what FX the IAs are assigned to - example, Drive, Chorus, Phaser, Delay, Reverb, X/Y. All in ovals with each FX having as Asterisk; however, there doesn't seem to be a way to turn on/off FX except by clicking the Block below the IA display. Any way to implement the ability to turn on/of the IAs via the AxFXview?

As for the parameter switches, that was actually a compliment. I can actually hear differences where with Ax-edit, changing parameters didn't effect the sound that much - even at extreme settings.

With your program - turn a knob and i hear a difference. Now whether i can say one setting is better than another is impossible for me. Everything sounds pretty good to my ears.

not at the moment, you have the footswitches on the floor already so you can engage them there, i'm in the process of changing the look of the footswitches to match the look of the ones on the front panel display

That's very odd, can you unplug the RME and try it again, make sure the preset has sound before opening axfxview and make sure AX8-edit is not running

Hi there, I tried again and seems to be the same, if I run Ax8 without running the program there´s no problem, only happen to me when I open Axfxview and open any amp or FX icon to edit, then mute my Ax8 and cannot get sound and don´t have line input in my RME until I restart Ax8 again and I did this process without using Axe edit.

I´ll try in other computer because I checked my RME and change the cables and seems to be fine, the strange thing is I checked your other versions of Axview without this issue.

Thanks bro!! If I find something I´ll tell you

Well I found the problem, with other versions I unzipped the program in a normal folder and I used it without problems, with the latest version I did the same and had this issue, so I changed the folder to my program files folder and now runs without problems...my bad :(

sorry for bother with this...and remember to read carefully where to locate the program...

Thank you Nero for your attention and support.

Would be cool if it could be optimized for touchscreens. I tried it on windows tablet and its not a great experience. For example I couldn't change reverb type - if i needed to scroll down the list it closed the list window.

Back
Top Bottom