News of the MidyAX2 - Pilot the AXE-FX with MIDI controllers (X-Touch, BCR2000, Guitar Wing, ...)

Good news. :) Thanks for the test, DLC86.

I'll check the FAT and BRIGHT switch and the rest. As you known the MidyAX has a pre-Quantum photo of the param definitions --> I have to find a way to sort that out.

YES, list of imperfections will be very welcomed. I already have quite a few on my list. As you know, up to know my main focus was on delivering the custom mapping with the param pages and the possibility to custom map the "live" AXE-FX CC controls. I can now work on the rest of the features. Finishing/improving the Guitar Wing and the FCB1010 dialog is what I focus on now.

Good news. :) Thanks for the test, DLC86.

I'll check the FAT and BRIGHT switch and the rest. As you known the MidyAX has a pre-Quantum photo of the param definitions --> I have to find a way to sort that out.

YES, list of imperfections will be very welcomed. I already have quite a few on my list. As you know, up to know my main focus was on delivering the custom mapping with the param pages and the possibility to custom map the "live" AXE-FX CC controls. I can now work on the rest of the features. Finishing/improving the Guitar Wing and the FCB1010 dialog is what I focus on now.
Sure, I didn't want to complain or to try to hurry you :)
It's just that I'm very happy for this app, I'll try to finish the list as I have a bit of time.
Cheers!

While we are at it I'll ask you something else :D
Is it normal that having the bcr2000 dialog open slows down the value changing? I noticed that today on the old win7 pc, if I close the dialog the parameter on the axe follows rapidly the knob I turn, while if I open the dialog I have a sort of damping.
This evening I'll try it on win10 ;)

While we are at it I'll ask you something else :D
Is it normal that having the bcr2000 dialog open slows down the value changing? I noticed that today on the old win7 pc, if I close the dialog the parameter on the axe follows rapidly the knob I turn, while if I open the dialog I have a sort of damping.
This evening I'll try it on win10 ;)

With the BCR2000 dialog open there's a bit more processing done. I have not noticed that on my MAC. Right now, the code is not fully optimized. I'll give it a go this week. Let me know how it performs on your WIN10 PC.

Just tried on Windows 7 and it works wonderfully! ;)

Ps: some parameters also needs update I think, for example FAT and BRIGHT switch don't respond, and low cut in the drive block displays wrong values.
I'll try to make a list with all the imperfections to help you if you want

Just tested FAT and BRIGHT and they work. For now, CUT is missing from the list. For LOW CUT in DRIVE, all the param tuning frequencies sort of work but display wrong value, for now, since they should be logarithmic. For now, they are changed linearly. I'll soon fix that.

I've added the "clear mapping" in the context menu and the custom GUITAR WING dialog now works.

Just tested FAT and BRIGHT and they work. For now, CUT is missing from the list. For LOW CUT in DRIVE, all the param tuning frequencies sort of work but display wrong value, for now, since they should be logarithmic. For now, they are changed linearly. I'll soon fix that.

I've added the "clear mapping" in the context menu and the custom GUITAR WING dialog now works.
Great additions ;)
I'll try again fat and bright switch with the other win10 pc, yesterday I had not time to do it sadly.
For low cut, if I remember correctly, I think the problem is also that the value on the dialog goes from 20 to 20000 Hz while in the axe goes from 20 to 2000 or 4000.

Great additions ;)
I'll try again fat and bright switch with the other win10 pc, yesterday I had not time to do it sadly.
For low cut, if I remember correctly, I think the problem is also that the value on the dialog goes from 20 to 20000 Hz while in the axe goes from 20 to 2000 or 4000.
Sorry, just checked and the values are correct, 20 to 2000 Hz, my bad

Sorry, just checked and the values are correct, 20 to 2000 Hz, my bad
No problem. Anyway some of the AXE-FX param min/max values have evolved over time. I think there are a few that are currently out of sync in the MidyAX2 v0.7.

Here is a little update, MidyAx2 version 0.72 ( WIN7to10 https://www.sfrcloud.sfr.fr/web/app/share/invite/1bCpAeZyHJ) with :
- an updated Guitar Wing dialog
- a "Clean Mapping" function to remove a mapping set in the wrong position
- plus a few minor bug fixes.

2017-01-19%20-%20GuitarWing.png

Enjoy

This week I got a mini PC/Tablet called PIPO X8 (http://www.pipo.com/product.php?id=186) for a 100 € (with shipping) and I was able to run the MidyAX2 on it.
1480058901_48_1841.jpg

I got this device because it:
- can connect to Full-HD monitor has a secondary display
- has 4 USB ports to connect the AXE-FX and MIDI controllers
- has BT 4 to connect BT mouse and keyboard.
- runs WIN8-10 pretty decently
- has quite enough storage and RAM to run the midyax
- can run AXE-EDIT
- is not too expensive
- has bigger and faster X9/X10 version (so choice possible) and smaller one too (X3 with 5" screen).

After testing, it is a pretty good buy since that thing is pretty solid and meets my expectations.:):):) The MidyAX2 and AXE-EDIT can run side-by-side. And it is cool since the AXE-EDIT does stuffs that the MidyAX2 does not and the MidiAX2 adds functionality that are not in AXE-EDIT (especially parameter control from physical MIDI controllers and custom mapping of param and AXE CCs).

Right now I havn't much used the 8" touch screen and preferred to connect a mouse. But AXE_EDIT can be use quite easily from the 8" screen.

This PIPO thing is pretty much a tablet but that offers connecting option and can run WIN10. The base is a bit heavy to . Soon I'll try to install LINUX (Debian) on it but I first have to make sure I don't break the set-up, or I know how to recover from brick.The Secondary display (that can maybe become the primary) working perfect and make MidyAX2 info feedback much more visible/usable than on a 8" screen. I have position the MIDI controllers around the HD screen to make easier to use and see what param is map to which control on the MIDI controllers.

If I get time, I'll do a demo video ... quite soon.

P.S. Et c'est pas du PIPEAU (pronounced PIPO - FR only joke ;):))
ob_bd33a5_pipeau.jpg

Last edited:
Today I added a virtual MIDI port to the MIDYAX. This will allow to map DAW action (launch patch, control effect) onto MIDI controllers linked to the MidyAX. Tested it and works fine. This could be specially useful when using Guitar Wing.

Also, I will soon add AXE-FX Preset direct access. Will be specially useful with the FCB1010.

Next major version of the MiDYAX2 should (if I get the time) have these 2 new features.

Last edited:
Here's a MixyAX2 update (v0.75) which fixes a few problems :
- AMP block param not in sync with Quantul 6 --> quite a few problems have been fixed thanks to DLC86 great help :)--> the remaining issues will be fixed in the coming weeks
- FCB1010 dialog : Foot-switch buttons not active
- Non-mapped Param buttons state not initialized
and adds a Clear button to clear the log in the main window

MIDI message processing has been improved. There is still work to be done to make it more responding in environment with less powerful CPUs.

MidyAX2 v0.75 WIN10 x86 : https://www.sfrcloud.sfr.fr/web/app/share/invite/KHA1YI5T01

Enjoy,

Last edited:
Here's a MixyAX2 update (v0.79) which fixes a few problems:
- crash and slowness due to event/thread issue (following code rework)
- new mapping not taken into account (regression due to code rework)
- blown-up display causing crash on WIN10

MidyAX2 v0.79 WIN10 x86 : https://www.sfrcloud.sfr.fr/web/app/share/invite/i6cyO3qGpo

Tested it on PIPO X8 --> IHM update still a bit slow. Likely due to limited CPU/GPU. I'll try to optimize the code even more but right now the MidyAX2 is usable (fast enough) on it.

Enjoy,

P.S. If you want to try MAC or Linux version (or even RPi3) versions let me know and I will build them

Here's a MixyAX2 update (v0.8) which fixes a few problems:
- before starting midyax I changed the axe fx midi channel and midyax crashed trying to open the warning about that (thanks DLC86 for spotting it)
- crash if no AXE-FX CC mapping choosen in dialog
- MIDI controller Dialog : closing and re-opening --> the current active Page select Button is lost on the MIDI controller
- when moving Screen dialog slider (param) CC is sent to two encoders
- display issues : block/param label cut in MIDI controller dialog, param/value cut in parameter BlownUP window.

MidyAX2 v0.8 WIN10 x86 : https://www.sfrcloud.sfr.fr/web/app/share/invite/P1bI0DtnxM

Enjoy,

Here's a MidyAX2 update (v0.82) which adds two new feature:
- the possibility to have and tune "min MIDI data interval" between CC received from the CC controller --> Useful in "not so powerful" CPU/GPU" environment to make the MidyAX more responsive to "big/rapid" changes in a param value (MIDI value send by MIDI controller) --> Helped to have a smooth usage experience on the PIPO X8.
The interval can now be activated and tuned in the MidyAX2/Preferences dialog :
2017-02-12%20-%20Preference%20screen.png

- geometry/position preservation to Blown-Up dialog during one run

MidyAX2 v0.82 WIN10 x86 : https://www.sfrcloud.sfr.fr/web/app/share/invite/n5Z9LNSYyY

Enjoy,

The development of the MidyAX took a break :eek:, as I've been catching up with the latest developments of Artificial Neural Networks and Deep Learning (for work purposes). Should get back to it ... soon.;)

Back
Top Bottom