FracTool - for power users only

Maybe it makes sense to go 10.8.5? Check mine today again. Starts, sees axe-fx mkII well.

nitAxeFx : connected to "AxeFx II"
Model : "AxeFx II"
Version : "Quantum 7.02" (Maximum preset version : "0x703" )
Usage : "FracTool" <sysex file(s)>
Or drag and drop file(s) on a destination icon.
Checked for update : already latest version

Hi Al! So where can I download the latest version of Frac-Tool so I can convert my Deftones axe 2 preset pack over my AxeFx 2XL+??? Also, will the axe 2, FW 10 presets convert even if I'm running a much later FW 603? Thanks

Hi Al! So where can I download the latest version of Frac-Tool so I can convert my Deftones axe 2 preset pack over my AxeFx 2XL+??? Also, will the axe 2, FW 10 presets convert even if I'm running a much later FW 603? Thanks
Hi, the link is in the first post ;)
Yes conversion will work with any firmware, but it will probably sound different from expected by the original preset creator

Hi, the link is in the first post ;)
Yes conversion will work with any firmware, but it will probably sound different from expected by the original preset creator
Awee boooo lol. Owell I'm thinking the sound will be closer after converting first and then retweaking rather than what I initially did which was to load old FW presets into my XL+ and tweak off of that.

Hi Al,

brilliant as usual !

Is the Ipad model: A1396 compatible?

thanks for the hard work :)
Thanks
It seems you're talkin about FracPad, this is the FracTool thread ;)
Anyway, the iPad 2 wifi+cellular you have does not support bluetooth LE, but can work with FracPad using a wired connection.
See the wiki for connecting options depending on the fasDevice you have : http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=FracPad

Fractool stopped working with my mac a while ago. It was mavericks back then. I've upgraded to Sierra, yet it still crashes during the application startup. here is a part of the report, would you please help?

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000010
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [0

My osx conforms with that level.
Here is the latest.
I've installed the latest version of fractool, now it launches. However, when I import a preset it doesn't work. I used to run it together with Axe-edit. When I import a preset to Fractool, and switch to Axe Edit, all I see is a empty preset, thus it has no sound.
It happens with all kinds of presets, and also with the ones it used to work before.

This is Axe Fx 2 Mark to with quantum 7.02.
I've restarted my mac, and fractool fails to start again, with the following error:

Terminating Process: exc handler [0]

VM Regions Near 0x10:

This is Axe Fx 2 Mark to with quantum 7.02.
I've restarted my mac, and fractool fails to start again, with the following error:

Terminating Process: exc handler [0]

VM Regions Near 0x10:
These informations have no clue at all, they just say it crashes ^^
See the automatic proxy or net config discovery options, it could be it

ok, the latest. It starts up after disabling proxy configuration.
However, problem 2 persists. No sound, and Axe-edit shows a blank preset.
I cannot seem to import any new preset done on a different device at all. For instance, Yek's amp presets which are updated to q7.02; I cannot import those. I've checked I cannot even import yek's presets done on 6.02.

Back
Top Bottom