Siren with AX8

addedc

Experienced
This has been asked before but the links in old threads are expired, so....

Can anyone point me in the direction of getting close to the tone of an air raid siren (e.g. War Pigs) with an AX8? What I could see in the old threads was using two pitch blocks, but the 8 only has one.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I got somewhat close using a strat with a whammy bar, a distorted amp, a drive for added sustain, a compressor for added sustain a flanger and the rotary. It's close enough, but for some reason it starts picking up the mechanical sound of the whammy bar after 3 or 4 bends.

Maybe try delay hold for an infinite repeating loop into a whammy. Wikipedia page says old UK air raid sirens used a minor 3rd interval (Bb and Db).

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip, Mr. Fender. I tried what I did at rehearsal yesterday. The Corncob amp model sounded great for the guitar rhythm and lead, but what I had set up for a siren didn't work that well. Will try your suggestion and report back.

About 6 years ago, @T.B.B. posted a thread of available Axe II presets. It included this Air Raid Siren preset (I don't know the original source). It gets all siren-like when you play something into it—no pitch block involved. You can FracTool it into AX8 format.

Attachments

• Air_Raid_Siren______lfo[1].syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 17
About 6 years ago, @T.B.B. posted a thread of available Axe II presets. It included this Air Raid Siren preset (I don't know the original source). It gets all siren-like when you play something into it—no pitch block involved. You can FracTool it into AX8 format.
T.B.B. said that this preset comes from Bladlus:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axefx2-collection-thread.39514/#post-539976
Yek's preset colletion is a good source for weird noises:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ion-quantum-7-02-axe-fx-ii-xl-and-blog.89143/
In the "all sounds" link you can download the "Q702-PRESETS-NOGLOBALS" folder. This folder contains 252 presets, from 113 to 124 you have bombs, laser beams, helicopters...lots of fun! Preset 115 is an evolution of bladlus Air Raid preset.
I take this opportunity to thank all the users who upload their presets making this place a great resource just like a modern Alexandria.

My cat has no affection for this siren...She fleed at mach 3!!
(TIP: If you have no sound kill the Vol/Pan block)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom