ownhammer

Power User
Vendor
Hey everyone,

Among many new libraries, I would foremost like to announce the release of the OwnHammer Core Tone Bundle!

Based on the hardware in the image above, the Core Tone Bundle brings all the primary sounds and configurations that have electrified electric guitar over the years and puts them together in one price-discounted package. There is a TON of ground that can be covered with this single point item, and the name says it all - this can very well stand as the center of most tonal requirements, from which one can branch out from for other flavors. Included are:

The 112 DVRB FN-AXA is clean, clear, full, articulate, and will represent all the nuances of your playing in the most intimate of settings with a very high headroom sound. Wanna throw on a little dirt? This cab and speaker won't respond with fatiguing spikes that ruin the mood but still remain clear as a bell.

The 212 VC30 BLU-93 brings all the classic grungy, chimy, slightly boxy Class-A tone that these cabs and speakers are known for. Whether you're walking the Streets with a Strat, out by the bonfire with a Tele, or have the blues in Memphis with your Junior, this one's got you covered.

The 412 MR82 M75 was hand selected for OwnHammer by and from the collection of Grammy award winner Micki Free. One of the rarest boxes from this legendary manufacturer, this highly oversized "tall" 4x12 brings a mountainous heap of warmth, body, and smooth British tone. Rock til you drop!

The 412 RECTO V70 means business, with a tone that will unapologetically kick your balls (if equipped) into your throat. The sound is full and growls in the low midrange but still pushes forward in modern mixes with authority. You can hit this one hard, but be warned - it'll hit you harder.

One example of how all of these could be used in a single production together would be:

- 112 DVRB FN-AXA for pristine, or wet cleans. With how clear these IR's are, delay and reverb won't muffle the top end so far that notes lose pitch identification.
- 212 VC30 BLU-93 for cleans that need a little more character, and a smaller version of some breakup and mid gain tones.
- 412 MR82 M75A/B for smooth leads, rhythm tracks panned more toward center, and bigger breakup and mid gain tones.
- 412 RECTO V70A/B for heavy rhythms panned hard left and right.

Try it, I bet you'll love the results! In fact, resident super-human Mr. Symons has done something similar, which you can check out below:

The Core Tone Bundle. Your sonic center. Don't play guitar without it. ;)

In addition to the libraries offered above - which can be purchased individually as this is not an exclusive content grouping, but rather a pre-packaged price discounted assortment hand picked from the standard OwnHammer catalog - there have been many other single speaker libraries released this month, and necessary events have transpired to which it is now appropriate that I display them on the website:

112 DVRB (ownhammer.com/112-dvrb)
212 VC30 (ownhammer.com/212-vc30)
412 MR82 (ownhammer.com/412-mr82)
412 RECTO (ownhammer.com/412-recto)

I have about a dozen more libraries shot, and will be dropping those onto the website as I complete them over the next few weeks. As of current, I have had massive demand for content from all directions, so I will be adding demonstration media to the site as I am able to fit it in the schedule.

Enjoy, and have a great weekend!

Last edited:
So to clarify, Kevin, this pack consist entirely of high points of your already-released mixes and IRs ,for those of us who already own a majority of your stuf (I think I have 3 of the four) this may be superfluous?

So to clarify, Kevin, this pack consist entirely of high points of your already-released mixes and IRs ,for those of us who already own a majority of your stuf (I think I have 3 of the four) this may be superfluous?
These are a compilation of the new IR shoots that were just released over the past week or so. These are not rehashes of years old releases.

I'm not clear on marketing/segmenting. I like the players pack Marshall 4x12, which is clearly a hit, yet these aren't being marketed in the same way. Are these shot and IRS bundled differently or are they same shot/bundle method as the "players" product?

Last edited:

Powermac7600 was correct, this is based on libraries I just released this month. The content is essentially "new", but if you're happy with previous offerings, this isn't a gun to the head of previous customers through some form of marketing scheme. While it *is* all new content, this, and the other recent releases, are more from-this-point-forward entries. The 412 MR82 is new to the site, as is the 112 DVRB. The 212 VC30 and 412 RECTO content are improvements on previously released libraries, which are no longer on the website as of this week for multiple reasons (something I hinted at in the V4 thread), and the last couple will get the chop in a few weeks when I can replace them.

To this end, the content is new, but may not necessarily be *OMG I HAVE TO HAVE THIS* if you have and are happy with previous OH libraries. There is a never ending stream of people new to the concept of IR's hitting my website every day, and with the scale at which the OH catalog is growing, this serves the purpose of a first stop shop option to ease people into it with a "something for everybody and useful to everyone" package. The content of this library is just other libraries put into one, with a buy-3-get-1-free price point. To this end, if anyone has purchased any of the inherent libraries included here before I dropped this, and wants to get in on that discount, just shoot me a message via my contact page and I can make a coupon to credit any included/overlapping content towards the CTB. :)

I'm not clear on marketing/segmenting. I like the players pack Marshall 4x12, which is clearly a hit, yet these aren't being marketed in the same way. Are these shot and IRS bundled differently or are they same shot/bundle method as the "players" product?

The majority of the cabs I'm shooting will be offered as Player Packs, yes. If it's on my site, it's not that feature set though. I completed and submitted the 412 RECTO Player Pack the first week of March, and it's patiently waiting in the queue for an appropriate time to release given other content being presented in the Fractal Store by a close friend of mine. I will likely be submitting 2 more libraries next week, and several more the next month. Right now I'm in a transitional period due to some internal and website restructuring, then releases will coincide more and be more fluid. My hope in the not too distant future when things calm down a bit is to simultaneously release Player Packs on OEM sites and verbose OH libraries at the same time. Due to a purge of content on the OH site, this was necessary to fill the function of a now empty slot.

Hope that helps!

Any plans to shoot the original 55-Hz cone "black back" G12H speakers that came in this cab?

In total, I will be shooting no less than 10 speakers for this cab. Another 3 in the Single Cabinet Libraries section with the single speaker packs, and 4 in a future bundle offering, I'm sure you can guess which one. ;) Vintage H's are in the plans, 75 and 55, right now pre-Rola's though. Will be doing all my black backs before long in the vintage 1960B cab though!

Kevin, your insomnia is once again to our benefit. These sound great!! Loving the Fane AXA with Fender tones, although I wasn't familiar with that speaker before. Really great stuff as always!

I swear, this week I'm going to revert to a normal sleeping schedule... I'm sure I've said that before, but this time I mean it... I think... ;)

Thanks! I really dig that Fane as well. It's a VERY crude, generalized, and shooting-from-the-hip way of describing it, but in a way it feels like what a Jensen, Celestion, and Electro-Voice would sound like if they were all smashed together. There are elements of all of them in this, to a degree. Very cool speaker indeed!

I have the Class-A Duo with the Fane 125155 speaker in it. If you have that pack, how does that Fane compare to the AXA?

I did a A/B check and the new one sounds more full and warm - you can hear the difference straight away.

I did some guitar impro over a instumental blues track from an old friend and drummer in Vienna. I used the Double Verb and Mix 1 from the Starter Folder of the 112 DVRB FN-AXA (The Core Tone Bundle) and sound beautiful. Nothing fancy, just a one take playing over the track.

I did a A/B check and the new one sounds more full and warm - you can hear the difference straight away.

I did some guitar impro over a instumental blues track from an old friend and drummer in Vienna. I used the Double Verb and Mix 1 from the Starter Folder of the 112 DVRB FN-AXA (The Core Tone Bundle) and sound beautiful. Nothing fancy, just a one take playing over the track.

The legendary Tony has done it again! :)

Back
Top Bottom