What do I gas for now?

So, I've had around 5-6 days with my new Axe FX and I'm completely blown away by it. What an incredible tool. I wish I'd jumped the analog ship sooner, this thing sounds like the real deal...it is the real deal!

I've never been in a position where I don't want anything guitar related. Maybe an MFC, but that's standard. Do you guys just gas for guitars now? That's, just, unthinkable!!! ;-)

So, I've had around 5-6 days with my new Axe FX and I'm completely blown away by it. What an incredible tool. I wish I'd jumped the analog ship sooner, this thing sounds like the real deal...it is the real deal!

I've never been in a position where I don't want anything guitar related. Maybe an MFC, but that's standard. Do you guys just gas for guitars now? That's, just, unthinkable!!! ;-)
yes , lots of guitars..........

Do you guys just gas for guitars now? That's, just, unthinkable!!! ;-)

GS_FlowChart_TooManyGuitars.jpg

Guitars, picks are about it. Used to be some effects pedals sounded great with the AX, but since the modeling improved (before 7?) the AX can do pretty much anything an external drive can, with less volume fluctuation between presets. I have bought 4 guitars since I went Fractal so GAS is a persistent state.

PA stuff man!!! You need your own PA!!! And then lights!!! And then a van to haul it!!!
To be honest probably the best money we could spend for our tone would be on a dedicated sound guy who cares about your tone and knows your band like the back of his hand.
A good sound guy can make a Pod sound amazing and a bad sound guy can make a botique amp sound like crap.

I never stop buying guitars, amps or cabs, even when Fractal absolutely nails every single tone i could ever want.

I found this gem for $345, a PRS SE245 made in Korea, its the best overseas guitar i have had so far and for that kind of money its an absolute steal, flawless and perfect setup, didn't need to do much but rise the action 1.2mm.

33571702955_523d510aab_h.jpg

I actually just bought a Friedman runt. I am loving the latest firmware but have just been wanting a basic tube head around to play now and then. I haven't had a tube amp since 2012 I believe. Next up is an LP 58 reissue I'm thinkin.

PA and lights!!
I'm gassing for the "impossible subwoofer" something that's less than 60lbs, smaller than a 15", but hits like a 100lb 15" sub. One can dream...
I'd love to hear some KV2 EX systems https://www.kv2audio.com/products/ex-series.html Their founder/engineer ignited the powered speaker revolution, did big innovations at RCF, development for B&C, etc.
I've love some really bright, compact mini floods and specials that pack flat, only need one power cable, and have wireless DMX built in. The Chauvet gig bar and 4bar USB are close. If I could design scenes, store in my DMX box, trigger with footswitch and/or backing tracks wireless that'd add a lot value with minimal setup time.

I actually just bought a Friedman runt. I am loving the latest firmware but have just been wanting a basic tube head around to play now and then. I haven't had a tube amp since 2012 I believe. Next up is an LP 58 reissue I'm thinkin.
Dude, we are on the same wavelength today....Ive had my Runt 20 combo for a month or so....but given the recent FW awesomeness I've been neglecting it already....

Back
Top Bottom