Can we get a mix knob for the Tremolo block?

Brock

Experienced
...or am I missing something?

I rarely want the Tremolo/Panner at 100%. And creating parallel paths gets tricky and takes quite a bit of time as compared to what a single knob can do.

According to the manual there should be a " mix page" in that block, as in all other blocks. I'm not in front of my axe but that mix page is usually on the page all the way to the right in the block.

Maybe depth is like mix but is a bit out of logic.
To me depth is how much deep is the sine wave of the tremolo while mix is the % combo of dry and wet signals, so you can have a 100% deep but - say - a 25% mix of the wet signal.

Maybe depth is like mix but is a bit out of logic.
To me depth is how much deep is the sine wave of the tremolo while mix is the % combo of dry and wet signals, so you can have a 100% deep but - say - a 25% mix of the wet signal.
Agreed. To me depth does not equal mix %.

If you set depth to 25%, it's the same thing as mixing a 25% pure wet signal with a 75% dry signal—the same thing you'd get by setting a Mix parameter to 25%.

It's the same way with Tremolo in the Amp block, for those who have an Axe-Fx. To turn that off, you need to set Depth at zero.

Tremolo is not the same as Chorus/Vibrato, where Depth affects the wave.

I believe superpositon of a signal and a parallel amplitude-modulated copy of that signal is the same as varying the amplitude of the first signal with the modulator used on the second, or varying the scale of the modulation of the second signal.

In other words, I believe mix and depth yield the same result, although the tapers may differ.

I believe superpositon of a signal and a parallel amplitude-modulated copy of that signal is the same as varying the amplitude of the first signal with the modulator used on the second, or varying the scale of the modulation of the second signal.

Indeed, this is just the distributive law of multiplication over addition.

I believe this is correct. If the depth is reduced, how far the signal modulates is reduced. What if I want a deep modulation and want it blended with the dry signal? I believe that calls for a mix knob.

I believe this is correct. If the depth is reduced, how far the signal modulates is reduced. What if I want a deep modulation and want it blended with the dry signal? I believe that calls for a mix knob.
But tremolo is a special case. Volume change is the modulation. When you mix the modulated signal with the unmodulated signal, you get a reduction in modulation. In the case of tremolo, it's exactly the same as changing the depth of the modulation.

If your tremolo is 100% deep, and you mix 25% of that with the dry signal, you get exactly the same result as setting depth to 25% and mix at 100%. That's how tremolo works—a Mix parameter would be redundant.

Then you won't have deep modulation, as determined by the amount of dry mixed in. Depth and mix are mathematically identical.

Keep in mind that if you are experimenting with a parallel path around the Trem block, you will get comb filtering unless you delay the parallel path by the same amount as the Trem block adds. No doing so will cause it to sound different than when using Depth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom