Post Your Rig!

What settings do you use for the EQs?
On my TC Electronics 2240 which is a stereo 4 band parametric eq I wire both channels in series so I can have 8 bands and it's plugged after the Suhr Reactive Load I start with 350Hz -1 dB with a mid-narrow q, 500Hz -2 dB also with a mid-narrow q, 1Khz -3 db to -1 depending on the room or cabinet that I use, 2kHz -1 to -2 db mid-narrow q, 4kHz, 8kHz and 10Khz -.5 to -1 db. With the Furman PQ3 which goes in front of my ampsI usually boost 400Hz to +10 dB with the bandwidth(q) set at 10 o'clock, 800Hz to +10 dB with the bandwidth set the same and 2kHz at +1 dB with also the same bandwidth. The Boss GE10 I use an upside down smiley curve with 500Hz and 1kHz at the same starting point +7 dB and each band going down 1 dB per side and the line boost 3/4 of the way. All these settings with the eq's in front of my amps gives me different tones and sometimes I don't even need to use a boost pedal at all.

Current state of the live rig. This is much less involved than most rigs I see on here, but felt like I should stop lurking and post something.

I haven't had much luck getting sound guys to DI the AxeFX, so I got the Morgan 1x12 to mic at shows. I'm not playing large gigs so this is working out great.

(Not Pictured: MFC-101 Mk.III and Mayones Elite 7)

axefx.jpg

IMG_1345.JPG IMG_1346.JPG 795B42CB-BF0B-4E35-A795-61B320D394A7.jpg Here is my custom-self built AX8 pedalboard. This is my B Rig for smaller shows, rehearsals, sessions etc. 4 expression pedals: 3 Moogerfooger Ep-3 & Dunlop Dvp4 and line 6 Relay G10 wireless transmitter. Fits perfectly in a pelican case with wheels to transport. I use this pedalboard sometimes direct to FOH/FRFR sometimes with my VOX ac15h1tv (london power scaled). Either way sounds great and covers all tones, fx, sounds i am looking for...let me know if you have questions about the board / how to build it etc. Would be happy to help if i can.

Last edited:
View attachment 39467 View attachment 39468 View attachment 39469 Here is my custom-self built AX8 pedalboard. This my B Rig for smaller shows, rehearsals, sessions etc. 4 expression pedals: 3 Moogerfooger Ep-3 & Dunlop Dvp4 and line 6 Relay G10 wireless transmitter. Fits perfectly in a pelican case with wheels to transport. I use this pedalboard sometimes direct to FOH/FRFR sometimes with my VOX ac15h1tv (london power scaled) Either way sounds great and covers all tones, fx, sounds i am looking for...let me know if you have questions about the board / how to build it etc. Would be happy if i can help.

You should post this in the Show us your AX8 rig thread!

View attachment 39467 View attachment 39468 View attachment 39469 Here is my custom-self built AX8 pedalboard. This my B Rig for smaller shows, rehearsals, sessions etc. 4 expression pedals: 3 Moogerfooger Ep-3 & Dunlop Dvp4 and line 6 Relay G10 wireless transmitter. Fits perfectly in a pelican case with wheels to transport. I use this pedalboard sometimes direct to FOH/FRFR sometimes with my VOX ac15h1tv (london power scaled) Either way sounds great and covers all tones, fx, sounds i am looking for...let me know if you have questions about the board / how to build it etc. Would be happy if i can help.

WOW great job!!! Love the expression pedals.

Here is my meager rack rig. I still have not gigged with the AFX yet but will do soon.

The lower rack is my diehard Triaxis rig which has toured all over the world. I have other preamps I rotate through it (JMP-1, M4, Engl, Pevey Rock aster etc) and there is a Switchblade 8f in the back of the drawer to mix every part together. It sounds absolutely awesome.

20170419_204156.jpg

My idea but Moonspinner found a suitable pole. It screws into the board. During transport it fits onto the board. Even better would be doing double duty as a mic stand. ;-)

It holds my iPad, running BandHelper in Send and Receive mode. Or when turned horizontally: a beer bottle stand. ;)

@moonspinner

Okay, it's running BandHelper. It shows me the tempo of the song, quick reminders (key and chords), notes, lyrics and stuff.

When I select a preset or Song on my RJM (MIDI foot controller), BandHelper automatic. switches to that song.

Also vice versa: when I select a song on my iPad, the Axe-Fx (and RJM) will switch too. This is especially important when using the AX8 (my B-rig), because the AX8 doesn't have a Song mode.

I've tried running my iPad wireless, but it wasn't reliable enough. It works just fine running a long USB cable. Downside is that it requires more cables. I can run the RJM on a single cable (incl. power), but not when also using the iPad.

Back
Top Bottom