Killer AX8 tone on this video

@2112 Love your videos but on this one I can't decide what I like more, your hair blowing from a fan or the playing and tone. I'll pick both...LOL

Excellent tone and playing as always. :cool:

Love the tone on this. The really nice touch though is that he had a fan blowing on his hair. If I had hair like that I would make all my demo videos with a fan like that! I think I would have to be able to play like that as well first though. :(

Totally killer preset!,.. especially the scene 1 & 2,.. right in my wheel house for sure!

Can't wait to try this stuff out tonight!

Wow great tone!!!

Is there an easy way to record videos like this?
I mean how do guys like this hook up a camera and DAW to the same source? Is there a program that handles both that an idiot can learn?
Cheers

Wow great tone!!!

Is there an easy way to record videos like this?
I mean how do guys like this hook up a camera and DAW to the same source? Is there a program that handles both that an idiot can learn?
Cheers

I shot the video using a Canon 5D while recording the AX8 direct. I have a loud sample (usually a snare hit) play in my DAW so that I can sync the audio and video. I then trim out the sample part of the clip and it comes out like this.

I edited this using final cut.

The snare sample is a very good idea, I never thought of that. I use reaper to edit both audio and video

If have ever wondered why do they always use this tool to make a snap sound in movies, is for that same purpose, v ideo/audio sync.

Direktur-Video-adegan-Clapperboard-Film-TV-papan-genta-Film-Cut-Prop-pada-penjualan.jpg

dang my ax8 didn't come with those licks. :(

as for syncing, most people just do a hand clap or maybe on the guitar one big TAP on the strings or something.

but Final Cut Pro X has a "Make Multiclip" function that syncs things automatically, provided they all have sound. then you just use the Angle Viewer to cut between cameras (or audio) with your number keys. SOOOOO easy.

For serious video editing, I use Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve - I actually believe, they have the 'auto-align' function as well - I never tried it.

I always just used to snap my fingers, make a muted stroke on the guitar or whatever, but a snare sample is such a neat idea. So easy.

Back
Top Bottom